Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Cooking School

Rich

Sounds almost like "chicken fried steak" which I dearly love!

If you want to try an added twist to your recipie, put a fried egg on top, a little something I learned in Australia. The Aussies will put an egg on everything!

Hmmm...that'll keep her from tasting like chicken...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's raining and 50 degrees. Is suppose to rain for 2 days and then get cold but sunny for the weekend. That's the perfect recipe for a crock pot full of slow cooked brown beans and some Jiffy corn bread! :drool:

Mmmmm mmmmm....beans and corn bread! :willy:

I just got done watching junkman's wash and wax video and in the video he has to stop and show us what he's cooking on the grill. Let's see, it was three steaks, enough chicken wings to feed an army and about 5 brauts. Just your typical small snack for when you're detailing your car! :lol:

BTW AJ, that video had me craving some BBQ! :D

I just got done watching junkman's wash and wax video and in the video he has to stop and show us what he's cooking on the grill. Let's see, it was three steaks, enough chicken wings to feed an army and about 5 brauts. Just your typical small snack for when you're detailing your car! :lol:

BTW AJ, that video had me craving some BBQ! :D

Hmmm...I still have some brats in the fridge... :drool:

My contribution. Decided to make some curry and rice. Love the stuff but I'm not that great of a cook but I'm better than the wife.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comP><P><SPAN style=So, you sauté onions and green peppers in olive oil for about 5 minutes then add the chicken. In this case it was three breasts cut into 1" squares. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and then add 2-1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes and add the curry, which looks like a big chocolate bar. Bring to a boil again and simmer for about 5 minutes longer. Serve over rice. Looks like it could feed 4 or 2 if you're a healthy eater.<o:p></o:p>

curryandrice1.jpg

This was the "kit" I used. Sauce in a block.

curryandrice2.jpg

Don't forget you favorite beverage. Here we have Sam Adams Boston Lager. Sorry about the cheap plug for Z06vette.com.

curryandrice3.jpg

</SPAN>

Edited by jub jub

curryandrice3.jpg

Where did you get my hat? :lol: Ya know, that's my favorite hat. I have three of them and just keep wearing them out!

I've had that one for 5 years now. Look at the clothing store on the Z06 web site. I think they still have them.

Jub Jub...I'm impressed. Curry comes in a block and not a spice jar??

I've never used it but I did live in an apartment complex once where alot of people from India also resided and that is all I could smell when I walked into the building. sick.gif

Doesn't Curry give you Nasty breath forever??

Jub Jub...I'm impressed. Curry comes in a block and not a spice jar??

I've never used it but I did live in an apartment complex once where alot of people from India also resided and that is all I could smell when I walked into the building. sick.gif

Doesn't Curry give you Nasty breath forever??

This particular curry comes in a solidified block. I believe it's a mixture of curry powder, corn starch, flour and spices that will make a nice thick gravy when water is added. You can also buy curry as a stand alone spice and make your own gravy but, I have found using the block to be much easier.

As far as making your breath smell, I haven't noticed any problems. I think as long as you maintain proper oral hygiene you'll be OK.

Smelling up your apartment on the other hand can be a real problem. I've noticed less odor though when using the block vs. using the spice by itself. I don't know why that is. Perhaps the spice in a jar is stronger.

I know what you mean about smelling curry everywhere. When I first came to this town, I stayed in a cheap hotel that was run by Indians. I could smell curry everytime I went to the office. I began to wonder if that's all they ate. :lol:

I really like spicey food and my wife is the complete opposite. I guess that's why we get along so well.

I've had that one for 5 years now. Look at the clothing store on the Z06 web site. I think they still have them.

Yeah, I know. I'm due for one or two, maybe three. Just in case they decide to quit selling them...............and one can never have too many hats! :2thumbs:

Okay. Since Bill "requested" it, lets post up our best recipes (or at least our edible ones). Something we like to eat that either we make our our significant others make that we enjoy.

My wife's pork roast :

In a crock pot, put a pork loin roast with bones. Salt and pepper how you like it. Dump a can of sauerkraut over top and put on low heat for the day. She usually starts this around 7 or 8 in the morning if it's a bigger roast, around 11 if it's smaller. Put it on high if you can't get up that early. We usually eat around 5- 5:30.

About an hour before we eat, she makes dumplings and adds them to the pot on top of the liquid around the roast. Don't put them on top of the roast or they'll get too dry.

Here's her dumpling recipe.

2 Cups of flour

1/2 tsp. of salt

3 tsp. of baking soda

Sift together or stir together

Add 1 cup of milk and stir with a fork. Drop by a spoon into sauerkraut. Cover tight and don't take the lid off till it's time to eat. Cook about 20 minutes.

Makes about a dozen.

Junk, we need to get your pizza recipe on here too! :thumbsup:

Going to try this recipe tomorrow:drool: