Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Cooking School

Rich

Okay. Since Bill "requested" it, lets post up our best recipes (or at least our edible ones). Something we like to eat that either we make our our significant others make that we enjoy.

My wife's pork roast :

In a crock pot, put a pork loin roast with bones. Salt and pepper how you like it. Dump a can of sauerkraut over top and put on low heat for the day. She usually starts this around 7 or 8 in the morning if it's a bigger roast, around 11 if it's smaller. Put it on high if you can't get up that early. We usually eat around 5- 5:30.

About an hour before we eat, she makes dumplings and adds them to the pot on top of the liquid around the roast. Don't put them on top of the roast or they'll get too dry.

Here's her dumpling recipe.

2 Cups of flour

1/2 tsp. of salt

3 tsp. of baking soda

Sift together or stir together

Add 1 cup of milk and stir with a fork. Drop by a spoon into sauerkraut. Cover tight and don't take the lid off till it's time to eat. Cook about 20 minutes.

Makes about a dozen.

Junk, we need to get your pizza recipe on here too! :thumbsup:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that I can make is burger/steaks thrown on the grill or a bowl of cereal...

However, For those drinkers out there.... Try Coconut Rum (preferably cap'n morgan) and Tequila Rose... 1/2 & 1/2 on ice... OMG it taste freaking great...

The name however, is xxx rated so I cannot share that on here, I'll just say its pink and not a very manly drink:lol:

The only thing that I can make is burger/steaks thrown on the grill or a bowl of cereal...

However, For those drinkers out there.... Try Coconut Rum (preferably cap'n morgan) and Tequila Rose... 1/2 & 1/2 on ice... OMG it taste freaking great...

The name however, is xxx rated so I cannot share that on here, I'll just say its pink and not a very manly drink:lol:

:lolsmack: I'm not a drinker so I had to look that one up. You're right! You can't post that here.................................but I'm gonna try it! :D

I just made one of AJ's heart attack pizzas !!!!

You start with your favorite frozen pizza, mine is Freschetta Supreme

Image-789D63BCC49411DD.jpg

Then I add a little extra cheese, It's the store brand 5 cheese blend

Image-789D846DC49411DD.jpg

After that I add the diced Ham, AJ uses pepperoni :2thumbs:

Image-789D9BFCC49411DD.jpg

Then the Salami, first some diced salami and then some strips.

Image-789DAEC8C49411DD.jpg

After that you need the sausage, i just pull apart a sausage pattie :rockon:

Image-789DC06FC49411DD.jpg

Then the rest of the cheese :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Image-789DD2D4C49411DD.jpg

Image-789DE422C49411DD.jpg

Then bake at 400 for 20 to 25 minutes :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Image-789DF53EC49411DD.jpg

Image-789E065AC49411DD.jpg

Then enjoy :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Easy appetizer:

Buffalo Chicken Dip

One large can of white meat chicken (drained)

1/2 c Ranch Dressing

1/4 c Hot Sauce

1-8 oz Softened Cream Cheese

1-16 oz Bag of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Mix it all up and bake it for 45 minutes at 375*

Serve with crackers or whatever else you'd like. :banana::banana:

Can't get much easier than that!!!

Smoky Bacon Wraps (courtesy of my wife)

Ingredients:

1 pound sliced bacon (I used 2 pounds)

1 package (16 ounces) Mini smoked sausage links (I used 2)

1 cup of brown sugar ( I used 2cups)

Cut each bacon slice in half.

Wrap one piece of bacon around each sausage link.

Place in a foil lined cookie sheet 15" x 10" or larger

Sprinkle with Brown Sugar (I went heavy)

Bake uncovered for 30 - 45 minutes at 400 deg. or until bacon is crispy.

Makes approx. 3 dozen wraps.

Let cool and devour. :2thumbs:

Pulled Buffalo Chicken

Get some chicken breasts. I use bone-in/skin on

because it's cheapest and ends up best - but there is

a trade-off because it takes longer to cook than bone

out.

The key is how the chicken is cooked. You're going to

poach the chicken - so in a large pan put about two

inches of beer and chicken stock. Add about a

tablespoon of cayenne pepper and anything else that

sounds good at the time. (a little cumin, onion

powder, garlic cloves - whatever).

Bring the liquid up to a SLOW ROLL (NOT A FULL BOIL)

and add the chicken. Adjust the temp so the liquid

works JUST BELOW a full boil and let the chicken go

until cooked - flipping as necessary.

When chicken is done - set it aside for 15-20 minutes

to cool so that it will shred well. It doesn't shred

as well when hot - and gets mushy.

While chicken's cooling, make buffalo sauce.

Start with 3-1 ratio of hot sauce to Margarine then

adjust to taste. I prefer Crystal hot sauce but

Franks and Texas Pete also rock. How much sauce you

need depends on how much chicken. For about 3 lbs of

chicken I'd start with 1 ½ Cups of hot sauce.

A bit of cayenne then adjust to taste.

Splash of apple cider vinegar

That's basic - you can then add whatever you want.

Also, for the pulled chicken, it makes a bit of sense

to thicken A LITTLE. I usually start with a small

roux (about 1-1 1/4 tsp flour and 1tsp margarine in a

pot to cook until blond - then add rest of ingredients

and bring to boil) Alternatively, you can also mix a

little corn starch together with cold hotsauce and add

it when the sauce is nearly done - bring to boil and

it's perfect. (corn starch is a little easier)

After chicken pulled and sauce made, add chicken and

simmer for a little while. That's it. Toasted bun,

blue cheese dressing and cilantro. Making it a day

before you want it is no problem at all. :cheers:

MY TURN.....so i didnt have a specific recipe but if u like just ask and i can give u a rundown......

made dinner one night for me and the gf and felt like being creative hehe

I made Sirloin steaks rubbed with ground cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, cumin, salt and pepper and chili powder accompanied by a strawberry,balsamic, and honey sauce....

small squares are sweet potatoes that were cooked in apple cider....the round green things are asparagus which were cooking in water and fresh lemon juice....and the X's on top are thinly sliced fried potato....

STA72154.jpg

STA72148.jpg

STA72153.jpg

STA72146.jpg

i made the following dishes at school...

Here is some Grilled shark on top of pomegranate rice drizzled with a piri piri sauce

shark.jpg

Rooibos Roasted Leg of Lamb with a pan sauce ,butternut squash and eggplant salad

Lamb.jpg

i also made a scallop dish the other night and will post pics later :)

Bon appetite

Edited by Aceitup1011

Tyler, that looks delicious! I like to call that "pretty food". I ate at a restaurant that served pretty food once. After I got done, I paid my bill, and promptly drove to the nearest White Castle and ordered 5 double-cheese burgers to fill up all those empty pockets in my stomach that the pretty food left! lol.gif

Bill, that pizza looked good! Man, I bet if we bumped belly's we could cause lightning! :lol:

Not one to be out done, how about adding to this thread...

"The Junky Club Sammich!"

(better than a sandwich, it's a Sammich!)

I was hungry as usual tonight and I was determined NOT to succumb to another basket of chicken (AGAIN...) I eat more chicken than the law allows (talk about perpetuating the stereo-type :lol:). So I broke out my chefin' skillz again and Dagwooded up another classic: The Junky Club Sammich.

I get on this health kick every few months and start knocking off these calorie free puppies. Well, maybe 1 or 2 calories...

You start with some Pepperidge Farms, sesame seed sourdough bread...lightly buttered and toasted:

blt1.jpg

Next, "A sandwich isn't a sandwich without a scooping of Miracle Whip!"

blt2.jpg

Now as far as bacon is concerned, I don't use that wimpy thin crap. I buy my bacon cut thick so that you will taste the flavor. I also never over cook the bacon until it's crunchy. I like my bacon soft.

blt3.jpg

Now for some slightly melted Swiss cheese...

blt4.jpg

Some fresh lettuce...

blt5.jpg

And some thinly cut tomatoes..

blt6.jpg

Now we can add some meat! First the smoked turkey...

blt7.jpg

...and then some hickory smoked ham...

blt8.jpg

You finally bring in the crane and hoist that puppy together:

blt9.jpg

Lastly, no sandwich is complete unless you add some chips, your favorite beverage, and last of all, you have to cut it in half just like momma use to do.

blt10.jpg

Well folks, it's off to the lazy boy and my coffee table! :thumbsup:

The Junkman

Edited by Junkman2008

Tyler, that looks delicious! I like to call that "pretty food". I ate at a restaurant that served pretty food once. After I got done, I paid my bill, and promptly drove to the nearest White Castle and ordered 5 double-cheese burgers to fill up all those empty pockets in my stomach that the pretty food left! lol.gif

Bill, that pizza looked good! Man, I bet if we bumped belly's we could cause lightning! :lol:

Not one to be out done, how about adding to this thread...

"The Junky Club Sammich!"

(better than a sandwich, it's a Sammich!)

I was hungry as usual tonight and I was determined NOT to succumb to another basket of chicken (AGAIN...) I eat more chicken than the law allows (talk about perpetuating the stereo-type :lol:). So I broke out my chefin' skillz again and Dagwooded up another classic: The Junky Club Sammich.

I get on this health kick every few months and start knocking off these calorie free puppies. Well, maybe 1 or 2 calories...

You start with some Pepperidge Farms, sesame seed sourdough bread...lightly buttered and toasted:

blt1.jpg

Next, "A sandwich isn't a sandwich without a scooping of Miracle Whip!"

blt2.jpg

Now as far as bacon is concerned, I don't use that wimpy thin crap. I buy my bacon cut thick so that you will taste the flavor. I also never over cook the bacon until it's crunchy. I like my bacon soft.

blt3.jpg

Now for some slightly melted Swiss cheese...

blt4.jpg

Some fresh lettuce...

blt5.jpg

And some thinly cut tomatoes..

blt6.jpg

Now we can add some meat! First the smoked turkey...

blt7.jpg

...and then some hickory smoked ham...

blt8.jpg

You finally bring in the crane and hoist that puppy together:

blt9.jpg

Lastly, no sandwich is complete unless you add some chips, your favorite beverage, and last of all, you have to cut it in half just like momma use to do.

blt10.jpg

Well folks, it's off to the lazy boy and my coffee table! :thumbsup:

The Junkman

Man that looks good! Talk about cardiac arrest! lol

Okay. Since Bill "requested" it, lets post up our best recipes (or at least our edible ones). Something we like to eat that either we make our our significant others make that we enjoy.

My wife's pork roast :

In a crock pot, put a pork loin roast with bones. Salt and pepper how you like it. Dump a can of sauerkraut over top and put on low heat for the day. She usually starts this around 7 or 8 in the morning if it's a bigger roast, around 11 if it's smaller. Put it on high if you can't get up that early. We usually eat around 5- 5:30.

About an hour before we eat, she makes dumplings and adds them to the pot on top of the liquid around the roast. Don't put them on top of the roast or they'll get too dry.

Here's her dumpling recipe.

2 Cups of flour

1/2 tsp. of salt

3 tsp. of baking soda

Sift together or stir together

Add 1 cup of milk and stir with a fork. Drop by a spoon into sauerkraut. Cover tight and don't take the lid off till it's time to eat. Cook about 20 minutes.

Makes about a dozen.

Junk, we need to get your pizza recipe on here too! :thumbsup:

Now I'm hungry :help:

We call these cutlets, but that's just what we call them.

Take a round steak and cut it into serving size pieces then slice the pieces thin. Pound the heck out of them to make them good and tender. Get three bowls. In the first bowl, put flour, salt , and pepper. In the second bowl, beat three or four eggs. In the last bowl mix together about three cups of bread crumbs (preferably seasoned) 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup of dried mint or half that amount of chopped fresh mint, 4 Tbsp. of garlic powder.

Dredge the meat in each of the bowls in that order. Heat about a half inch of oil to cover the bottom of a frying pan to about low to medium heat. Drop each slice of meat into the pan and fry about five minutes each side till a nice golden brown. Serve with fries and a salad or spaghetti.

Wife says she uses this same recipe to make chicken tenders too, just cook a little longer since it's chicken.

Sex On the Beach...

<DL><DT>3/4 ounce vodka

3/4 ounce Midori

3/4 ounce Chambord (raspberry liqueur)

1 1/2 ounce pineapple juice

1 1/2 ounce cranberry juice

<DT>

<DT><DT>Shake ingredients and pour into an ice-packed glass. </DT></DL>Makes 1 serving. Yummy. :banana::banana:

If you need something to eat...please see above recipes. :lol:

We call these cutlets, but that's just what we call them.

Take a round steak and cut it into serving size pieces then slice the pieces thin. Pound the heck out of them to make them good and tender. Get three bowls. In the first bowl, put flour, salt , and pepper. In the second bowl, beat three or four eggs. In the last bowl mix together about three cups of bread crumbs (preferably seasoned) 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup of dried mint or half that amount of chopped fresh mint, 4 Tbsp. of garlic powder.

Dredge the meat in each of the bowls in that order. Heat about a half inch of oil to cover the bottom of a frying pan to about low to medium heat. Drop each slice of meat into the pan and fry about five minutes each side till a nice golden brown. Serve with fries and a salad or spaghetti.

Wife says she uses this same recipe to make chicken tenders too, just cook a little longer since it's chicken.

Sounds almost like "chicken fried steak" which I dearly love!

If you want to try an added twist to your recipie, put a fried egg on top, a little something I learned in Australia. The Aussies will put an egg on everything!