Customer Service 866.965.0400

Received PC Kit (unboxing pics) and first Adams wash (pics))

Brian123

Earlier this week I received my first order, Adam's Premium Porter Cable Kit plus a few extras such as applicators, 2nd grit guard, towels. I plan to correct dealer installed scratches and swirls, plus protect with machine sealant and Americana wax, but for now, I just did my first two-bucket wash, some sVRT, and glass cleaner.

Here are some pics unboxing my order. The stuff just kept coming out. When I had it all on display my roommate was surprised at how much was in that box.

I'll have to write up some impressions when I get off work. I also used a cheap pressure washer and that g-foam cannon ($10-$18 at homedepot) with good results for what it is. I'll have to take pics of that next time.

adamkit-001.jpg

adamkit-002.jpg

adamkit-003.jpg

Picture from last night after I finished the wash, and blindly trying to apply VRT in the poorly lit garage. Car is Kona Blue Metallic, looks very purple under the garage lights.

adam-wash.jpg

Pics from my iPhone I just took going on my lunch break to do this post:

adam-wash-2.jpg

-

Nice job so far. :2thumbs:

You are in almost the exact same 'place' as me, just trying things out and still at the washing/VRT stage and working at night in your garage.

Do yourself a favor and get some shop lights so you aren't working in poor light.

If you are like me, your best open time to detail is at night after work and family, so having some lighting in addition to the piss-poor garage 60W is necessary.

I went and bought a $30 2x 250W halogen work light from Harbor freight. I might buy another. I already had one clip-on 250W halogen that I clip to my 6 foot ladder. Setting one on one side of the car and one on the other side has helped a lot.

500 Watt Dual Head Halogen Shop Light

Walmart, Target and such sell similar products too, plus there are plenty of other higher quality options out there. Admittedly, these I'm sure are not USA made. So far I have about 6 hours of 'on'-time without issue, plus a lot more with the clip-on.

I'm kind of Jonesin' for one of the Maxfire Xenon handheld light which is also $30ish.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Memories of Christmas 2009. My wife = still the coolest wife ever. She has a Mustang as well - but we're looking to sell it and get a newer Corvette since I traded mine back in March.

Blue is THE SEXIEST color on a Mustang. Nice, bro.

Guest Gone & Forgotten
Nice job so far. :2thumbs:

You are in almost the exact same 'place' as me, just trying things out and still at the washing/VRT stage and working at night in your garage.

Do yourself a favor and get some shop lights so you aren't working in poor light.

If you are like me, your best open time to detail is at night after work and family, so having some lighting in addition to the piss-poor garage 60W is necessary.

I went and bought a $30 2x 250W halogen work light from Harbor freight. I might buy another. I already had one clip-on 250W halogen that I clip to my 6 foot ladder. Setting one on one side of the car and one on the other side has helped a lot.

500 Watt Dual Head Halogen Shop Light

Walmart, Target and such sell similar products too, plus there are plenty of other higher quality options out there. Admittedly, these I'm sure are not USA made. So far I have about 6 hours of 'on'-time without issue, plus a lot more with the clip-on.

I'm kind of Jonesin' for one of the Maxfire Xenon handheld light which is also $30ish.

Picked my tripod-mounted dual-halogen shop/work light up at Sears for $39.99 with free drop-light (corded light with housing and extra plug at light area - with hook) - the lights have 2 power modes - 250w and 500w. Works great, but I'm looking for the hand-held gun model now - uses LED's I think. Great for checking your work when it's over and you're moving to the next step.

One I got : Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

and they offer $10 off $50 with the right coupon code (on sears card) or $5 off $50 using any method of payment.

The shop light is really handy, if you can get it in-store - that way you can search for the box with free shop light.

Thanks for all the comments. The color was a tough choice for the car, but I'm glad I went with it it, nothing but complements. Any color looks great and will always make you second guess, but they all have a downside. When the kona blue is at its best, it looks amazing.

Plus, the color seems rare. Seen race red, grabber blue, red candy, silver, beige, black, etc, but no dark metallic blues. My dealership had 6 used mustangs, all but on was some form of red.

The shop lights are an excellent idea. Outside my garage is nothing but trees, so not good for extended periods. After washing, it will be nice to move inside with a good light source.

My next goal is to get some new garden hoses, nothing but leaks around the house. And also quick connects for everything, especially if I want to even consider using a pressure washer regularly.

Oh, I need some new muscle in my hands, trying to do a light mist of detail spray over an entire car for drying was tougher than it looked :-)

Archived