Customer Service 866.965.0400

2011 Cadillac SRX

Z71_Denali

<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> Summary:

This is only the 2<sup>nd</sup> time I got to get the PC out since I got it a couple weeks ago. I was really hoping I would get to use more than just the FMP & MSS. Here was my process:

Strip Wash

Clay Bar

2<sup>nd</sup> Wash

Dry

VRT, In&Out, UCS

Clean Glass

Polish (if necessary)

MSS

Vacuum interior, clean & condition leather

Before:

The interior was in great shape. Granted the car only has 6,000 miles, and I’ve been using Adam’s on it since day 1.

c5e42514.jpg

5ff60201.jpg

fe56c14e.jpg

5286ebb0.jpg

db4d4ce1.jpg

90fec537.jpg

this was the dirtiest part of the car!

363a374b.jpg

71dfffba.jpg

just some water spots and gunk on the paint. Nothing too bad

23957951.jpg

002a4317.jpg

wheels were in great shape

7a91237a.jpg

some soot from the exhaust on the rear, as expected

2e139e46.jpg

98adec7c.jpg

During:

After I clayed, re-washed, and dried the car I took a couple different pics in search of any swirls or scratches. Well to my surprise I could not find a single one!

ece49cab.jpg

6abacd62.jpg

208aec1b.jpg

423ef679.jpg

So I decided not to polish the paint. It just didn’t need it! I doubled checked the paint this morning in the sunlight before waxing, and even had the inspector come out to look for any! Nothing. WHITE PAINT FTW!!!

After:

I finished up the detail this morning. Just dressed all the plastic and wheel wells, applied MSS on the paint and wheels, and vacuumed and dressed the interior. Here’s the results:

b2e1fb43.jpg

1bd45d88.jpg

2e8f224a.jpg

269253bc.jpg

a5b55991.jpg

57f4f821.jpg

a512a272.jpg

60a78354.jpg

379e595e.jpg

e4cec78f.jpg

ace9a9de.jpg

if only a LSA could fit under there...

74d121b6.jpg

Conclusion:

Much easier to detail than my truck! Only took me 2 hours on Friday to wash and clay, Saturday I was in college station for the football game and the car was in my garage the whole time, and this morning I spent about 2 hours finishing it up.

I’m going to need to find some neglected black paint to correct… stay tuned!

That white looks nice, but you need to 'man up' and get something in black to show off your skills!;)

oh don't worry, my brother has a 2004 black silverado that has holograms all over from the people he bought it from. they told him they had it "polished" :lolsmack:

and my wife's friend wants to pay me to do her 2006 black civic that has been neglected since day 1

gotta love the caddys, thats the white diamond paint correct? i had that on my escalade before I got my srt jeep.

its actually called platinum ice tricoat. 2011 is the last year the SRX will have it. 2012 models are going to be white diamond like everything else in Cadillac's lineup

its actually called platinum ice tricoat. 2011 is the last year the SRX will have it. 2012 models are going to be white diamond like everything else in Cadillac's lineup

gotcha gotcha, is that a premium paint option?, I remember the white diamond paint was like a grand back when we bought it.

That is nice! BTW you can skip the second wash!:thumbsup:

i did it to remove the clay/DS residue. i found it to be less work for me to not dry in the 1st wash, and not buff off the clay/DS residue when claying. the 2nd wash i just rinsed the car down, went over the paint with the wash mitt and left over soap/water from the first wash, pool rinse, and dry. took me 2 hours to get all my supplies out, wash, clay, wash, dry, and put everything away.

Archived