Customer Service 866.965.0400

New looks for the truck and system advice?

Frid

Just ordered a new black billet grille, kit to drop it an inch more in the back, bout to order some black 24"s, but need some advice on some speakers/amp/subs for the truck. I have a friend who builds custom boxes so thinking bout taking out the back seats and putting something nice in there :D. Just wanting some opinions on what you all may have. Not looking for anything thats gonna be obnoxiously loud but just something that will hit pretty good.

I would not suggest removing the rear seats unless your truck is a "show" truck. Its so unpractical to remove the seats. Have your friend build you a custom box that will fit under the rear seat.

I have 1 Alpine R type 10" in a custom box under my back seat and it sounds great, its powered by a 350w Alpine mono amp. As far as speakers go, I have the bose and they sound just as good as anything you can by aftermarket

If your buddy is good at making custom boxes than a stealth box under the seat is best. I have always preferred 12" subs but 10" is the way to go with the depth and space that under you seat has to offer. Power wise 2 10"s and bout 600 watts will give that perfect punch then a little more if you want it. Also mounting the amp under drivers seat will be best so a good custom box with enough space can be built for under the rear seat. I haven't done this in my nbs yet because my 3500 dollars of stolen audio systems from my obs makes me not want to do it but have seriously considered it. That and i've got the bose system which performs enough for me now

2 JL Audio 10's. 10 W3v3's if you want more than you can handle, or the 10W1's if you don't want it too much but just right. Add a 500x1 to it and make sure you have a decent headunit that has a 4 volt preamp output and you're set. JL is imo the best you can buy (Focal speakers are the best midrange with JL a close 2nd).

Thanks for the input guys. im 100% positive he could build a box for under the rear seats so ill look into that. @ daniel, how much did that all cost you?

I think it was about $150 (It was 7 years ago so im not 100% sure). I could have easily had a double box like it, but i decided that 1 10" was enough

Here is my setup in my 05 SS.

DSC00777.jpg

DSC00775.jpg

JL Audio W3s are great subs..

I have a 15W3V2 and 2 12W3V2s.. the first I bought was the 15, then I bought the 2 12s.. havent hooked anything up in the G8 yet..

the 12s I installed into my GP along with JL ZR650CSi components all the way around..

I also have 2 pairs BNIB XR650CXi's..

I just need to stumble upon the stuff needed to integrate into my factory system..

I have a 15W3V2 and 2 12W3V2s.. the first I bought was the 15, then I bought the 2 12s.. havent hooked anything up in the G8 yet..

the 12s I installed into my GP along with JL ZR650CSi components all the way around..

I just need to stumble upon the stuff needed to integrate into my factory system..

I have a 15W3V2 as well :lolsmack: That speaker has been discontinued for 4 yrs and still awakens very loudly each time I turn my car on. Personally the only amps I would buy are JL, Alpine and MTX. I know ppl will say Fosgate as well but I have not had personal experience with them. I have used all extensively and not 1 has quit on me yet.

I love the sound of JL Audio. I have the JL Stealthbox with one 12" W3, nice clean, deep, rich sound. It hooked up to a JBL Crown 600/1 Amp. The stealth box is a bit spendy but I love the factory look of the box as it matches the exact carpet color of my truck.

nice set up daniel. only thing different i would like to do is see if my friend could build me a box to fit under the seats that way i can still seat people in the back.

after a long day in the MP i tend to mis see things lol. you definitely have them under you seats. nice.

Archived