Customer Service 866.965.0400

Coming Soon!! 2012 Audi A6 Black Phantom

3PedalMINI

Well. Monday was my Dads big 50th birthday. And to celebrate he went and purchased a 2012 Audi A6 Prestige Phantom black pearl effect. Needless to say, this car is incredable. 3.0 8speed supercharged engine producing 310 HP and 325 ft. lb of torque. I thought it was fast until i put it in sport and set the driving mode to dynamic.....WOW:burnout:

:drool: After i picked the Audi up from getting tinted i pulled it in the driveway and got to work. It started off with the wheels, used ***** because Audi's are notorious for their brake dust. I then hit the tires with APC to remove the dealers nasty tire wet. I then proceeded with a two bucket wash and three foams. For the initial foam i used something im not going to mention:jester: i then pressure washed it and did two foamings with adams car wash. The reason for the ****** brand is because adams soap doesnt cut the dirt and grime because its PH Balanced. I wanted to ensure there wasnt anything on the paint before i touched it with the Murano Whool Wash Mitt. The paint is near perfect and wanted to prove to my self that my method is good (self test:)) I then used the master blaster to blow the water off the paint.

My methad proved right as there were zero swirls/scratches put in by me. I then got to work De-badging her. Forgive the turtle wax bug & tar remover. I found that using that provides ridiculous lubrication for the fishing line and does not induce scratches. I Wash the area with soap and then used 3m adhesive remover and a Autozone special microfiber. I found out the hard way if you spray the adhesive remover and it scatters and hits any plastic it is near ruined. Spray the 3M adhesive remover on the cheap MF (saturate it) and hold it over top the adhesive. Keep spraying it on the MF and place it over top for 20 or so seconds (you want to keep doing this at least 6 times) grab another Cheap MF and lightly spray the towel and begin **GENTLY rubbing the adhesive. you will see it start disintegrating, fold the MF and spray a little bit on and continue the process until the adhesive is removed. Once removed wash the area with soap and dry. your done and have a scratch free area where you were working:banana:

I have de-badged 9 or so cars and am near a pro at it. This one was easy as the car is brand new and the adhesive didnt have time to "cure" It took me a total of 30 minutes from start to finish. Cars that have the badges on there for years you can be looking at a 1-2 hour job and 3M Adhesive remover is a MUST.

I then pulled it in the garage and got to work. I looked it over under the lights and there are zero swirls in the finish. There was a scratch in the roof and some marring when the salesmen rubbed it while being dirty. I clayed the roof and hit it with one quick pass of FMP. I wiped the area and the scratch/marring was removed 100%:pc: after that i took a WW towell and sprayed 70% IPA alchohol to strip the finish. I was sure to find scratches/swirls underneith from any filler wax they used but i was totally shocked to see the exact perfect finish underneath :banana: After that I hit the car with Revive Polish just to make sure any wax I had left behind was removed.

I then MSS her and am now waiting for the 12hr mark to go out and do the final wipe. I will then hit her with BG and finally Americana its raining out now so i probably wont get final shots until Sunday, Stay tuned:2thumbs:

Product used:

Craftsman 2600PSI pressure washer rinsing with 40 degree fan nozzle.

Italian Made foam gun:jester:

******* Wheel Cleaner

APC

******* wash for initial foam

Murana Whool wash mit

Adams Car wash in bucket/ 2 foamings

Master Blaster Air force dryer

Turtle Wax bug&tar remover (for de-badging)

3M Adhesive remover

Fishing Line

Detail Spray

Adams Clay

FMP

Revive Polish

MSS

BG

Americana

SVRT

Adams Glass Cleaner

Adams Glass Sealant

Pics are garbage, for the reveal shots im going to get out my DSLR. You can see the scratch in one of the pics.

DSC03401.jpg

DSC03402.jpg

DSC03403.jpg

DSC03404.jpg

DSC03405.jpg

DSC03406.jpg

Roof where the scratch is

DSC03407.jpg

DSC03411.jpg

DSC03412.jpg

DSC03413.jpg

DSC03414.jpg

DSC03415.jpg

Rinsed with pressure washer, Zero scrubbing and effort:banana:

DSC03416.jpg

adams foam 5 minutes after initial foaming

DSC03417.jpg

DSC03418.jpg

DSC03419.jpg

DSC03420.jpg

10 Minutes after

DSC03421.jpg

Pooling rinse

DSC03422.jpg

DSC03423.jpg

Had to get the master blaster in the shot:jester:

DSC03424.jpg

Dry Wheel

DSC03425.jpg

DSC03426.jpg

DSC03427.jpg

DSC03428.jpg

DSC03429.jpg

DSC03430.jpg

DSC03433.jpg

De-Badging materials

DSC03434.jpg

Bug & Tar Remover

DSC03435.jpg

After removing the badge

DSC03436.jpg

DSC03437.jpg

DSC03440.jpg

After 2 twenty second segments

DSC03438.jpg

Gone, kinda lol

DSC03439.jpg

It got dark but i then washed it again to remove any stragglers/3M Remover

DSC03441.jpg

DSC03442.jpg

The scratch really shows up

DSC03445.jpg

DSC03447.jpg

After Revive, after this shot i did a DS wipedown so the streak is gone. Im just showing the debth and clearity of the paint after RP

DSC03450.jpg

Cant MSS a german beauty without some german brew:jester:

DSC03448.jpg

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

The sun is going in and out, my DSLR isnt working and my point and shoot is over/underexposing the pics. :mad:

DSC03455.jpg

DSC03456.jpg

DSC03457.jpg

DSC03458.jpg

DSC03459.jpg

DSC03460.jpg

DSC03461.jpg

The scratch on the roof is totally gone!!!:pc: the sun is hitting it in this shot

DSC03462.jpg

Hood

DSC03463.jpg

DSC03464.jpg

DSC03453.jpg

This last shot is the sun hitting it. Those are not streaks or swirls in the corner i just cant steady my hand enough:help:

DSC03465.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................:drool:

The 2012 A6's are the new C7 body style right?

I sat in a Euro-spec one during a new model demo several months ago. Sigh....in love, but WAY out of my 'used-car-buying-self' price range.

That demo car didn't have a VIN or any of the U.S. emission specs and such, so it was scheduled to be crushed after all the demos.

:jawdrop::(:(:( sniff

as of now she is officially finished (look at 1st post for the in progress shots. Its raining out side so i cant pull it out and look at my work. But i will tell you guys one thing, the wax the audi distribution put on is garbage (duh). The paint looked nice at the dealership, its supposed to be black but looking at it in the light i want to say it a deep deep blue. I cannot wait to get it in the sun, the metallic is going to scream!

The only thing left is to SVRT the tires but ill hold off on that until i pull it out on sunday. I would say im a seasoned Adams user and after each stage i just stood in awe of the paint. Its like holy **** can it get any more clearer and deep. But americana is by far the most substantial before/after.

I LOVE ADAMS!!!!!!

BTW: i was telling the guys at the dealership about you guys. Ive got to go back and get the tags, when i do im going to bring the a6 so they can see her Adamized!! stay tuned for final pics. Sunday looks like we should get some sun.

I used Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover and a microfiber towel to remove the "halo " left after removing the dealership stickers from a used pickup I bought many years ago. I'm pretty sure it was the gel type.... could be wrong.

Several days later, in the right sunlight, I noticed fine scratches in the very spot I applied.

Nuff' said.

Anyway....

Nice job.

well its about time!

:lolsmack: jees, you cant handle suspense can you:jester:

very nice... How'd you get a prototype in feb 2005? :jester:

beautiful ride.

thats how we roll :D . My P&S camera is a piece. Im pretty sure the internal time batery is shot so everytime i turn it on it reverts back to default settings.

I used Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover and a microfiber towel to remove the "halo " left after removing the dealership stickers from a used pickup I bought many years ago. I'm pretty sure it was the gel type.... could be wrong.

Several days later, in the right sunlight, I noticed fine scratches in the very spot I applied.

Nuff' said.

Anyway....

Nice job.

The flat stickers are a PITA. you can never pull them off, you always have to get your nail or credit card under them. I also found that the 3M adhesive remover doesnt work only adding to the ability to scratch the paint.:mad: It urks me to no extent that dealers do those flat stickers. i understand that a license plate frame is more expensive but on the business end of it plate frames are more eye catching. Besides they're so easy to pull off:D I have never been able to remove those without scratching the paint.

The fishing line in its self doesnt need "lube", i always make sure that the line is on the immediate back surface of the letter so the fishing line isnt actually touching the paint. The "lube" is only there so when the fishing line cuts through the letter/number it snaps and tends to catch the adhesive on the back part of the next letter. I just want to minimize any chance of scratching the paint, the turtle wax is extremely thick and slippery and does a really good job at not causing scratches. As soon as the letters are "cut" off it gets washed off and thats the end of the garbage :thumbsup:

thats mean looking man!, the front on that looks like an S series, black FTW!

Thanks. I can't stop drooling over her. My dad gets back on Monday from his business trip. He bought it as his 50th bday gift to him self. He's a simple guy but this fits him perfect. He was going to purchase an A5 but felt like that was too much of a mid life crisis car:lolsmack:

This is bloody fast and yet it's subtle, perfect for his "crisis" moments lol. He did get the s-line exterior. The only thin I wished was that he got the 19s instead of the 18s but he didn't want to sacrifice ride quality.

...... The only thing I wished was that he got the 19s instead of the 18s but he didn't want to sacrifice ride quality.

Nice work on that scratch and the de-badging technique. I'm storing that in my memory banks.

I tend to only like silver wheels, but the 19" 5-spoke titanium wheels looked amazing on the white demo unit last spring. They might not work as well with a darker color though IMO. The 18"s would still work very well with just a touch of lowering (~20mm), similar to what an S6 is likely to have. I lowered my A8 just a touch (easy with the air suspension and VagCom) 20mm front and 14mm rear to give it a more even, mean squat.

2012-audi-a6-xl.jpg

the final pics are up in the OP! Enjoy!

you cant tell in the first pics due to doing it on a overcast day but there wasnt any depth, clarity or "POP" to the paint with the garbage AUDI distribution center put on the car. im hoping the sun comes out tommorow morning before my dad gets home so i can drop by the dealership and show the guys what adams can do to audi's Im hoping the end of this week will get better & my DSLR working, ill get her washed and get some reallllllly good pics! Enjoy! I <3 Adams!

Nice work on that scratch and the de-badging technique. I'm storing that in my memory banks.

I tend to only like silver wheels, but the 19" 5-spoke titanium wheels looked amazing on the white demo unit last spring. They might not work as well with a darker color though IMO. The 18"s would still work very well with just a touch of lowering (~20mm), similar to what an S6 is likely to have. I lowered my A8 just a touch (easy with the air suspension and VagCom) 20mm front and 14mm rear to give it a more even, mean squat.

I agree 100% but i doubt my dad will lower it :( snap a shot of your A8 Lowered. I feel that audi needs to adjust the suspension to the wheels they put on. I dont like that the car is made to handle 20" rims but then the 18" guys get screwed. I LOVE those titanium wheels.

my dad couldnt justify spending 2300 for the 20" rims and he would of had to order it and sacrifice ride quality. These rims are one of the most gorgeous rims i have ever seen on a car

Untitled.jpg

I agree 100% but i doubt my dad will lower it :( snap a shot of your A8 Lowered. I feel that audi needs to adjust the suspension to the wheels they put on.

I'll post some pics tomorrow.

I did a mini-detail of my wife's A4 yesterday (no polish or wax), then did an interior detail, wash, and more panels on my A8 today.

I made sure to take a lowered and standard picture of the A8 during the detail (before any wash so it's dirty).

The raised height is not exact. The lift mode is 20mm up front and back. Since I lowered it 20mm front/14mm back, that would make the back up 6mm higher than the stock sport suspension setting. Being the sport package version of the A8, it was already 20mm lower than standard.

Thus in my configuration, the front is 40mm lower and the rear is 34mm lower than the 'standard' suspension. :banana::thumbsup:

The wheels are 19" OEM and honestly the ride is NOT harsh at all. I've had harsh riding cars (my lowered A4 was harsh). Plus the A8 has different suspension settings (lift, standard, automatic, dynamic). I just leave it on standard all the time. Typically in dynamic, it would lower the car 20mm and stiffen up the suspension. Since this is the sport package, changing to dynamic I think just tightens up the ride without lowering anymore.

I agree 100% but i doubt my dad will lower it :( snap a shot of your A8 Lowered. I feel that audi needs to adjust the suspension to the wheels they put on. I dont like that the car is made to handle 20" rims but then the 18" guys get screwed. I LOVE those titanium wheels.

Forgive the dirt and lack of light, but here are the 2 stances of my A8:

Realize again the lifted one is still 20mm lower than the standard A8 since it's the sport package version.

audiox-albums613-3256.jpg

audiox-albums613-3257.jpg

Archived