Customer Service 866.965.0400

Anyone use a pressure washer?

jub jub

Question

I bought a foam cannon for my pressure washer, but I have not used it yet. After I bought it, I figured I it would be a pain to setup the pressure washer every time I wash when I would probably use the 2-bucket wash anyway. I guess once the weather warms up, I will see do some washes with it to see how much of a pain it is to use versus just a normal hose/bucket wash.

But the foam cannon does look cool! I've got the foam gun as well, but it doesn't give the super thick foam that the foam cannon is supposed to.

Cool, Thanks :2thumbs:

It's pretty expensive for what it is, but it looks like it does a great job creating a THICK layer of foam. Search YouTube for some videos.

I put a larger bottle on it. I'll use it here one of these days.

I use a pressure washer with no issues, I just make sure to keep a good distance and have it on the low setting when I am near the edges of my vinyl stripes. It is perfectly safe to use on paint, just make sure you get one that is a lower PSI than some of the bigger ones. The one I use puts out water at 1500PSI, and I can put my hand in front of the nozzle. I use it in conjunction with a CR Spotless Rinse system with great results :2thumbs:

I already have a pressure washer so it wouldn't be an added expense. However, setting it up every time I want to wash the car I feel would be a PITA. I'm basically lazy so I guess I just talked myself out of it.

Of course the foam cannon would probably come in handy for some other extra curricular activities.

Like what? A foam "slip-N-slide"?

I was thinking a foam party. Invite a few friends over, play some music, have a few adult beverages and then let the foam rip!

Oh wait, I just remembered I'm too old for that sort of nonsense. :lol:

...I've got the foam gun as well, but it doesn't give the super thick foam that the foam cannon is supposed to.

The foam gun will give the rich, thick lather that you want if you set it up right and use the wash that is made for foam guns. Regular wash products don't work well in the foam guns. I have my foam gun set for regular foam in this video I did. I did these videos back in May before I had heard of the Adam's line of products. As you can see, that a pretty rich lather for the regular setting.

Edited by Junkman2008

Junkman, I almost bought that EXACT setup. Had it in my cart and everything, then Adam had to go and have a "free shipping" promo so I spent my $$ here!

How is the DP and foam gun? Is it everything the folks at AG say it is?

Robert

The foam gun will give the rich, thick lather that you want if you set it up right and use the wash that is made for foam guns. Regular wash products don't work well in the foam guns. I have my foam gun set for regular foam in this video I did. I did these videos back in May before I had heard of the Adam's line of products. As you can see, that a pretty rich lather for the regular setting.

I have the DP soap as well, and I get foam about the same as your video. But the foam from the videos I've seen on the foam cannon is very thick and really clings to the car, and allows the dirt to slowly be removed from the surface. I figured that while the foam is working on breaking loose the dirt, you could be working on cleaning the wheels/wheelwells.

I really like your videos. Very informative and provide good step-by-step instructions. I ran across your wet sanding video when searching on YouTube a few months ago, before joining this forum.

Keep them coming!

I just watched the "wash" video. I need to watch the others, I guess??

I think it was the second one. He's talking and sniffin at the same time and then teases us with meat on the grill! I tell you, it was a classic moment.

Junkman, I almost bought that EXACT setup. Had it in my cart and everything, then Adam had to go and have a "free shipping" promo so I spent my $$ here!

How is the DP and foam gun? Is it everything the folks at AG say it is?

Robert

Well, it does as advertised. It puts soap on the car, in the amount that you set the slide control for. So far, I have only found that the DP formula is the only thing that puts out suds the way it should. It is obviously very concentrated or something. You are not going to blow dirt off the car with a foam gun. It is made to soak the dirt off. I like it and use it, especially if I do something crazy like drive my Vette in the rain. :willy:

I don't know about the foam gun, but the stuff you had on the grill was kickin! :drool:

All the more reason for us to hook up, clean our rides and get our grub on! :2thumbs:

I have the DP soap as well, and I get foam about the same as your video. But the foam from the videos I've seen on the foam cannon is very thick and really clings to the car, and allows the dirt to slowly be removed from the surface. I figured that while the foam is working on breaking loose the dirt, you could be working on cleaning the wheels/wheelwells.

I really like your videos. Very informative and provide good step-by-step instructions. I ran across your wet sanding video when searching on YouTube a few months ago, before joining this forum.

Keep them coming!

I'll have to do a video of it at full boar. What you saw in the video was a setting of 1 out of 5. Five puts out a lot of foam but empties that bottle pretty quick.

Edited by Junkman2008

I'll have to do a video of it at full boar. What you saw in the video was a setting of 1 out of 5. Five puts out a lot of foam but empties that bottle pretty quick.

That would be great to see. I must not have my soap mixture right yet.

If I could get the foam gun giving me better foam, that would be the best and easiest solution. It's much more convenient than setting up the pressure washer. With the foam gun you can switch back and forth between it and the fire nozzle and then directly to the hose for the final rinse, since I also use quick disconnects.

That would be great to see. I must not have my soap mixture right yet.

If I could get the foam gun giving me better foam, that would be the best and easiest solution. It's much more convenient than setting up the pressure washer. With the foam gun you can switch back and forth between it and the fire nozzle and then directly to the hose for the final rinse, since I also use quick disconnects.

Here's a short video of my foam gun set for full foam. When you set it this way, it uses up the contents of that quart bottle pretty fast.

You are the man A.J.! If you dilute our Car Wash 4:1, you can use it as well. Nice to wash in the garage, that's awesome.

I LOVE the pressure washer, makes life easy, and damage stories are few and far between!:thumbsup:

Edited by Adam

You are the man A.J.! If you dilute our Car Wash 4:1, you can use it as well. Nice to wash in the garage, that's awesome.

I LOVE the pressure washer, makes life easy, and damage stories are few and far between!:thumbsup:

That's real good information to know Adam! 4:1. I had been experimenting with it but hadn't quite got it right which is why I kept buying the DP stuff. Now I know! :2thumbs:

Yep, you can't beat the garage wash during the winter months!