Customer Service 866.965.0400

Neat time-lapse video of car detail

AudiOx

Question

I found this very interesting, particularly the order of detailing steps. Seeing it time-lapse really makes sense. I thought the 2 pre-foams and rinses prior to the 3rd foam when finally get's washed off was intriguing.

M3 time lapse detail. on Vimeo

A couple of time-lapse details by the Adam's crew would be SO educational and fun.

Something to think about.

22 answers to this question

Glad you guys liked it! There are many ways to detail a car properly. Ive been doing it for a long time, and have found what works the best for me(and the car). Yes its a boars hair brush with a grit guard, and rinsed many times during a wash. Cali blades are great for a properly washed/clayed vehicle to get the bulk of the water, followed by a blower. No need for a baggie either, thats what my bare hands are for:)

Keep in mind these cars weren't trashed, and I chose them for the videos for that reason, and the end result was a swirl free finish;)

AudiOx

I should have done a time lapse of this one:)

IMG2325-1-L.jpg

IMG2571-1-L.jpg

IMG2213-1-L.jpg

IMG2542-1-L.jpg

Beautiful turn-arounds/saves. Nice work!

I was going to post the one of the blue RS4, but the camera angles were mostly too closeup for my tastes.

I think having multiple cameras would be cool, but be user-selectable like:

-time lapse of full detail

-closeup time-lapse of the interior detail

-all paint correction steps on a single panel including clay, sealant, wax, etc.

Just thinking out loud.

I can just see Dylan now....

Austin Martin DB8

8 Cameras all rolling simultaneously

Perfect lighting

Studio quality editing..

Sean Connery voice over narration!!

And perfect Adams Product Placement in EVERY scene!

Glad you guys liked it! There are many ways to detail a car properly. Ive been doing it for a long time, and have found what works the best for me(and the car). Yes its a boars hair brush with a grit guard, and rinsed many times during a wash. Cali blades are great for a properly washed/clayed vehicle to get the bulk of the water, followed by a blower. No need for a baggie either, thats what my bare hands are for:)

Keep in mind these cars weren't trashed, and I chose them for the videos for that reason, and the end result was a swirl free finish;)

AudiOx

I should have done a time lapse of this one:)

IMG2325-1-L.jpg

IMG2571-1-L.jpg

IMG2213-1-L.jpg

IMG2542-1-L.jpg

I had similar questions. I put in a request to Adam's to offer a couple of these for marketing and educational purposes.

I also thought it was a little fast, as you couldn't quite tell all the steps.

Perhaps at 1/2 that speed would let you see the details enough without being too long.

Plus there could be ones for:

-interior only

-non-correction exterior detail only

-full-correction detail

:drool::drool::drool:

I had a hard time seeing him clay, looked like a California Wiper Blade (big no no). Either way, he def. didn't do the baggie test. Words right out of the Junkman's mouth: "you only do something for a reason." Claying for the sake of claying is worthless. You need to examine the paint and determine if it needs to be clayed. After claying, you need to examine again to determine if it needs more. I hate make such a big point of this, but claying is a big step!

I think his video skills are good, but his technique needs work. Did he use a two bucket system? It was too fast for me to see one.

After watching it a few times, I think I saw him clay it. On either the M3 or Audi one he did it while the car was foamed I believe.

You are right, he does clay it. He foams and rinses, foams then uses the brush, foams then clays, rinse and done.

Yeah, I like when he uses the brush in the bucket on the paint. :eek:

You can see it more clearly when he details the Audi.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure it's a boar's hair scrubbing brush. Many detailers use them. As long as you have a grit guard bucket, its the same theory as the wash mits or pads. I personally wouldn't do it, but I use the Trim/Lug boars hair on my paint, just like in the vids. They work great.

Yeah I've seen that one and other's. I kind of hate watching them because it makes every step look so simple, haha.

I was going to post the one of the blue RS4, but the camera angles were mostly too closeup for my tastes.

I think having multiple cameras would be cool, but be user-selectable like:

-time lapse of full detail

-closeup time-lapse of the interior detail

-all paint correction steps on a single panel including clay, sealant, wax, etc.

Just thinking out loud.

Archived