Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Spray Bottles.....

Grubrunner

Question

Anybody else having poor longevity with the sprayer on the 16 oz. bottles?

Absolutely love the bottles but the sprayers leave a lot to be desired.....

They've never been dropped, always drained of fluid and turned to the "off" position when not being used [yeah, I'm anal] and stored in a climate-controlled garage all year round.

They've either locked up in a fixed position [usually on mid or full trigger] or they squeal like a pig after a short period of time and the resistence becomes notably increased.

I even tried cleaning the tube with a thin rod on more than a few of them, to no avail. Good for a short while but same old, same old shortly thereafter.

I've probably ordered close to a dozen replacement sprayers in the time I've been a member on these boards.

Dunno....

:(

12 answers to this question

I've literally NEVER had a failure. That's counting the gray ones with the rubber grip that they stopped selling due to a high failure rate.

They will replace at N/C so call them.

Is this with ALL of your sprayers? The only time I run into issue is when it's super hot out (+95*) or if I myself have "floored" the bottle a time or two. Then I notice the sprayer not functioning as well.

I, like you, store all of my bottles "off" when not in use. I see bottle sweat sometimes when the temperature gets super hot, but as far as operating failure or noise....I have none of that.

Interesting--can you shoot video of it?

Very weird... all of your sprayers regardless of chemical? The only product that ever gives me a problem with the sprayer is the carpet & upholstery cleaner b/c the nozzle tends to want to clog up with hardened sodium (part of the formula) but other than that all my sprayers work like champs - at least until I manage to drop one which seems to happen at least 1x a season for me. :loser:

Is it one particular product that does it or all of them?

No, it's not all of the products.

I should of been a little clearer.

It's only my bottles that contain the Detailing Spray, the Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner & the All Purpose Cleaner. The Detailing Spray is [always] full-blown, the Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner is about 25-percent diluted most of the time [or full-blown] and the All Purpose Cleaner is right around 50/50 combo ninety-nine percent of the times.

The rest of them are fine.

I'm not looking for a refund as the replacement sprayer's cost is not going to break the bank. Just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing similar issues, and possible solutions.

Right at this moment, I don't have the means to snap a pic or take a video.

No, it's not all of the products.

I should of been a little clearer.

It's only my bottles that contain the Detailing Spray, the Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner & the All Purpose Cleaner. The Detailing Spray is [always] full-blown, the Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner is about 25-percent diluted most of the time [or full-blown] and the All Purpose Cleaner is right around 50/50 combo ninety-nine percent of the times.

The rest of them are fine.

I'm not looking for a refund as the replacement sprayer's cost is not going to break the bank. Just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing similar issues, and possible solutions.

Right at this moment, I don't have the means to snap a pic or take a video.

The CUC will happen from time to time (as I mentioned)... best thing with that sprayer is gonna be prevention. Always flush the nozzle really well after use/before storing. I usually set mine to 'off' and then dunk the sprayer in my wash bucket to get any excess cleaner off the nozzle.

The APC can happen... although it shouldn't happen often. It does tend to gum up at the nozzle if you allow excess to dry. But its water soluble and should come off easy. Also the harsh nature of APC does make it more likely to degrade sprayers over time. Again... prevention is the best medicine. Rinse the nozzle after use. I do the same process with my APC bottles as the CUC.

The DS one I'm perplexed on. Thats one chemical that should pretty much never clog a sprayer. Are you shaking the bottles well before each use to make sure the straw isn't picking up the thicker concentrate from the bottom (usually appears as a brownish blob) when used?

Same here with the CUC and APC, but I expect that with cleaners. I swap them out about once a year. There are some good ones available out there but a single one can cost as much as a bottle of Adam's product. I have some of those for things like WW and DS. Those products get used a lot so it is worth the added expense.

I actually had a problem with a bottle of APC I had gotten. What's strange is that it didn't really leak for a while but I set it down without even dropping it one day and it somehow got a small leak in the bottom where the center of the plastic is all melted. I was cleaning the engine bay/undercarriage so I just went ahead and used the whole bottle since I didn't have anywhere to store the rest of the bottle but it was strange. Needless to say I threw the bottle out but I found it wierd where the small crack was.

Archived