Customer Service 866.965.0400

Any iGeeks may want to jump in...

Chewy

So I'm sure everyone who's an iGeek knows that today is the iPhone event of 2011.

Make sure you click the link to watch a step by step unavailing. Keep in mind, there's no streaming video.

Apple's 'Let's Talk iPhone' keynote liveblog! -- Engadget

Make sure you turn on "auto refresh" and it'll refresh your screen every 30 seconds or so. :)

Chris

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL... sorry apple... I jumped ship when you failed to bring a CDMA version in time for my needs. All my house is full of apple gear, but my pocket is the domain of the HTC Evo 4g Android phone and I won't be leaving until my next upgrade is due in 2013.

Would've been so much easier if they hadn't done that damn exclusive with ATT to begin with.

On a side note... isn't it amazing what events iphone announcements have become? Could you have imagined these kinds of things 10 years ago? I know I couldn't. No one cared this much about any electronic device a decade ago.

Could you have imagined these kinds of things 10 years ago? I know I couldn't. No one cared this much about any electronic device a decade ago.

I agree with you on that Dylan. I can remember my first cell phone and that was 12 years ago.

im happy with my iphone 4, id rather have them come out with their update of the Pro, my old white macbook is just beat the heck out of now and slow. Thats what im waiting for, idk what more they can do with the 5 anyways, people are saying a higher resolution screen but thats a joke because the retina screen is the best it gets, better than any other phone screen. Either way it should be interesting!

Bigger screen, thinner, better camera, faster processor, and then iOS5 which will be on the 3gs and 4 as well. I believe there will be a siri assistant built in. We'll see. If so, it could revolutionize how we use the device.

Bigger screen, thinner, better camera, faster processor, and then iOS5 which will be on the 3gs and 4 as well. I believe there will be a siri assistant built in. We'll see. If so, it could revolutionize how we use the device.

honestly a bigger screen i dont think is needed, hence an ipad. processor will be good to have. I just dont need a thinner phone then i have with my iphone 4, i feel like i would break something thinner. i feel like i would have to hold it like a baby bird if they make the 5 any thinner. I hope they got something sweet up their sleeves that no one has even thought about, they need to just come out with it! haha

Can't wait then! I must be one of the few that went from iPhone to Droid...and HATED it.

I can't wait to get back into something so comfortable for me to use. Nothing against Droid, it's probably me, and my fat, sausagey fingers.

I know the wife is due for an upgrade but I don't know about me.

as long as Siri comes out with iOS5 and is available on the "old" iPhone 4, i won't be upgrading. i had a feeling this newest one wouldn't be updated that much. yeah they "double" the speed of everything between updates, but i really don't think i NEED it.

My wife feels the same way Chris. She's getting my 4 to replace her Desire and I'm getting the 4s.

I was a bit underwhelmed, but there's some pretty awesome tech in there... The tech that increases download speeds by utilizing more than one tower is neat.

Siri is HUGE though... Come-on with that... That's unreal... Blind texting? Ask it a question like I'd ask you and it answers me? WOW!

I'm sure Apple looks at 4G and thinks, sure we want to do that, but let's wait until it's more available to the public and when we can make the batteries last longer. Everything I've read is that 4G all but eats your battery. Post haste!

I don't think that Siri will be on the 4. It's GOT to take a TON of processing power to run it while doing other things.

honestly a bigger screen i dont think is needed

I would've agreed before I got my Evo... but having a large display is so much nicer. A lot of friends have iPhones and I always feel like I'm using a toy when I use theirs. The larger display without a lot of added bulk is a nice thing.

I can't stand supporting Apple but this might be the time to get an Iphone. I've always used Sprint since I can get unlimited everything and no other service provider has that. I go through data like we all go through DS. I will wait to see how much it will cost out of pocket and if I will be able to use the same plans with the Iphone, if not then I will stick to my droids.

I can't stand supporting Apple but this might be the time to get an Iphone. I've always used Sprint since I can get unlimited everything and no other service provider has that. I go through data like we all go through DS. I will wait to see how much it will cost out of pocket and if I will be able to use the same plans with the Iphone, if not then I will stick to my droids.

IDK about your data and voice prices, but the phone prices are all the same no matter where you buy it:

16GB- $199

32GB- $299

64GB- $399

All with 2 year contract

I will be upgrading to the 4S. I currently have the 3GS and it is the phone that has lasted me the longest out of the around 10 or more phones that I have owned.

Edit- Oops just caught the out of pocket... can't help you there! :(

If you're happy with your droid, why change?

I am grandfathered in on my unlimited data with AT&T. I could easily go to the 4gb plan and be fine though. Most people are surprised when they research how much they actually use. Those that tether or hotspot, of course will use more.

Chris

If you're happy with your droid, why change?

I am grandfathered in on my unlimited data with AT&T. I could easily go to the 4gb plan and be fine though. Most people are surprised when they research how much they actually use. Those that tether or hotspot, of course will use more.

Chris

i was supposed to be grandfathered in, but when i tranferred my plan to a separate one away from my parents, it got automatically set to 2GB. i downgraded to the 200MB plan for $10 less per month and i never even go over that!

Just to be annoying... it's cute that Apple is making a big deal out of voice commands. We've had it on Android phones for a while. I used to have an iphone 3g and my brother has a iphone 4 (and has been dying to get the new one), and my mom has an iphone 4 (and a new top-end android phone), as well. Back when I had my 3g, it was a joke... my super fancy flagship phone couldn't get picture text messages, while the phone you get for free with a basic contract can send and receive pictures messages all day long. I had my 3g for a YEAR before they finally added picture messaging. Then the 3gs came out and didn't really add anything useful besides a faster processor. I switched to Android when my upgrade was available and haven't looked back. Just so much more you can do with the phone.

But, I'll give this to Apple... what the phones can do, they do well. They tend to focus on reliability and ease of use. The Android phones are a little rough around the edges, but are getting better every day.

Looks like the market place didn't like the 4S announcement instead of the 5 - Apple's stock took a dip right after the announcement. Seems like it was a bit 'short'. Nicer camera, Siri (which they've owned for a while), 2 processors, two antennas. If they make it thin like my iPod touch, I wouldn't buy one. The touch is hard to hold, like the flat sides better.

Archived