Customer Service 866.965.0400

Integra Type R Detail

CrawlinTBSS

IT AINT A TIGHT CAR IF IT AINT A TYPE R!

Well we happened to be helpin our buddy on getting a motor to my place and the ITR looked a little durty. So he dropped it off for some clean up on the outside. Another one of his track cars, so it has alot of bumper chips and mad brake dust.

Came to find out super quick this car was a 1 stage paint, so it was a first for me.Came out pretty great aside from turning my pads yellow. thought i will say it was much easier to correct any scuff/light scratches without burning the paint.

Process:

2 Bucket wash w/ foam gun

IPA wipe

Full Claybar

Swirl and Haze Remover

Fine Machine Polish

Brilliant Glaze - awesome at removing bug guts as well

Americana Paste Wax

In and Out Spray

SVRT Tire Dressing

Glass Cleaner

Before:

DSC_0641.jpg

DSC_0642.jpg

Right side of roof corrected, Left side un-touched/oxidized still

DSC_0652.jpg

good ole single stage

DSC_0655.jpg

Finals

DSC_0660.jpg

DSC_0659.jpg

DSC_0661.jpg

DSC_0663.jpg

DSC_0670.jpg

DSC_0665.jpg

DSC_0667.jpg

little hidden project + next single stage detail - cars been sitting in a garage for 5 years!

DSC_0669-1.jpg

I try for as many as i can. get at least 5 inquiries whenever i post new pics on prices, just alot of people dont follow through like they say they will. Still have the best pricing around tho.

Evo is a single stage as well. Im probably going to order all new pads for that car. its got so much nasty grim and crap all over from sitting 5 years.

I try for as many as i can. get at least 5 inquiries whenever i post new pics on prices, just alot of people dont follow through like they say they will. Still have the best pricing around tho.

Evo is a single stage as well. Im probably going to order all new pads for that car. its got so much nasty grim and crap all over from sitting 5 years.

I didnt know the Evo came with single stage paint! 5 years in a garage is crazy though

correct. i guess Acura decided to go cheap on the yellow cars.

i thought it was a normal paint job, got the hood and fender done, and then when i went to the door i noticed my pad, and then i had to stop and double check online. I was like , theres no way im burning throught this. and it just ended up Acura is cheap like always. LOL

I didnt know the Evo came with single stage paint! 5 years in a garage is crazy though

yeah mitsu is cheap as well.

Car was bought in 04, driven, lightly modded, then car started slowly losing boost and then sat. They started pulling off the turbo and everything, and left it. buddy moved to Tennessee and drives a 05 GTO so the Evo just sat. we finally convinced him to let us pick it up and get it working. Finally after 3 days of diagnosing, we come to find the catalytic converter was so plugged it was causing the car to have 0 boost. he was ordering a new exhaust anyway, so now thats in and this thing rips! couple more goodies on the way!

know a guy with a type R up here too, X's it all the time, fun looking car, not for everyone i guess cause sometimes he gets hate on but he doesnt pay attention. good work man, get some more pics of that evo up after you guys get some loving into it!

Archived