Customer Service 866.965.0400

cleaning the barrel of the wheels

Skinytall

Question

im looking for some tips on what to use to clean the back side of the wheels,i bought the car used has factory wheels but you can see the back side.i took the wheels off & tried the all purpose green cleaner with a scuff pad no luck! then i tried a wire brush on a drill & it did get alot off the only problem is some spots are brighter than others.im not stressing over that you really cant tell with the wheels on the car. any body have any tips that would get this crud off?

8 answers to this question

Matt, if you took a wire wheel and a drill to your barrels, whatever clear was left is gone, and so should the spotting from the imbedded iron/brake contaminants. The spotting may be from the uneven scrubbing and marring with the wheel. If there is indeed brake residue embedded, you can try soaking the barrels with Iron Cut or well PM me if you want to know more.....

I had luck with Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and APC.

Sounds like your are pretty bad though. Once you do get them clean you can maintain them with the Turbo Stick!

Adam's Turbo Stick Wheel Cleaning Tool

The Adam's Turbo Stick Wheel Cleaning Tool is the most innovative wheel cleaning device ever made!

Adam's Turbo Stick Wheel Cleaning Tool will clean the back of your wheels easily & effectively.

Price: $39.95

Archived