Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Black Car in the Driveway

tjcin

Question

Last weekend I traded in my SUV and got a car for my wife. I always wanted a black car and since I have found this forum and Adam's products I know I am up to the challenge. I had the dealer do nothing to it upon delivery, no wash, glass cleaning, sticker removal, etc. They were happy to oblige. It got clay barred, polished(FMP), and waxed the same day. Next day I clayed the glass, cleaned it and treated it with BSG. Pictures to follow. TJCIN

25 answers to this question

I bought a new BMW 335D. I love the new diesel technology and when my wife and I looked at cars, this one jumped out at me. She drives alot for her job and the mileage is going to be great. I promise there will be pictures soon, real soon. TJCIN

Just got back from our trip from NJ to Ohio. On the way out we got 36.1mpg and we drove the 540 miles non-stop. My wife is a trooper, although she slept most of the way, we left at 2:30am, and made it without any of the usual female stops. The way home we aren't ever in as much of a hurry. We stopped twice, the first time we topped off the fuel and the second was just to stretch and grab some snacks. The mileage home was an impressive 37.9mpg. Roundtrip was 37mpg, one mpg better than the window sticker indicated. Lovin this new car so far. TJCIN

I can only imagine that your mileage will get better after that motor gets broke in. The wife and I just bought a Duramax (GMC) and are getting about 14.2 to the gallon. The consensus that I have found that after breaking it in we should be getting 18 to 24. But I was told by a few people that it may take 10 to 15 thousand before the motor is broke in.

Thanks for sharing.

Just got back from our trip from NJ to Ohio. On the way out we got 36.1mpg and we drove the 540 miles non-stop. My wife is a trooper, although she slept most of the way, we left at 2:30am, and made it without any of the usual female stops. The way home we aren't ever in as much of a hurry. We stopped twice, the first time we topped off the fuel and the second was just to stretch and grab some snacks. The mileage home was an impressive 37.9mpg. Roundtrip was 37mpg, one mpg better than the window sticker indicated. Lovin this new car so far. TJCIN

Thanks everyone. As far as the real world mileage I can only give around town numbers. The window sticker said 23 city and 36 highway and the few hundred miles we have put on it, have been between 32 and 33. We have a road trip planned for Nov from NJ to Ohio, 535 miles. I am almost certain that we can make it woithout stopping for fuel. I also think we are going to get better than the window sticker.

Very nice! :bow: I bet you'll become addicted to that sweet diesel torque... I love it in my TDI. And I only hear great things about that BMW.

What kind of real world highway mileage is she getting? I know with the VW the EPA sticker said 41mpg but in reality I do much better -- close to 50 if I keep it below 70.

Enjoy the car -- she's a beauty.

Guest Sarah@Adams
Cool photo Lynn! Apparently underneath it is a Lincoln Futura concept car. Who is next to you?

Batman! Oh, okay, it's Nate Trueman, the owner.

Archived