Customer Service 866.965.0400

Windshield Washer Fluid?

Black Si

Question

I currently have Rain X fluid in my car. Works well in the rain but I think it makes the surrounding paint dirty if I use it. I'm about to do my first full detail and don't want this to ruin it if I happen to use it.

Do you guys suggest a certain kind that doesn't dirty up the car? Or do you suggest not even using it? I try to use it only when needed.

6 answers to this question

I disconnected and drained all the water and Rain-X mix recently out of my windshield washer reservoir in my pick-up and poured one-half measuring cup of Adam's Window Cleaner and filled the rest with water

Have used the wipers several times now since.

Doesn't do much for repelling the water but leaves an 'ell-of-a streak-free finish after every wiper swipe.

Picked up this tip from fellow FF.

:2thumbs:

I disconnected and drained all the water and Rain-X mix recently out of my windshield washer reservoir in my pick-up and poured one-half measuring cup of Adam's Window Cleaner and filled the rest with water

Have used the wipers several times now since.

Doesn't do much for repelling the water but leaves an 'ell-of-a streak-free finish after every wiper swipe.

Picked up this tip from fellow FF.

:2thumbs:

My only question is what if you're in freezing conditions? Would this stuff freeze up in the container and have a giant popsicle? :jester:

Archived