Customer Service 866.965.0400

degreaser wash affects on MSS?

whatevah

Question

A private ambulance company I work for routinely uses a degreaser solution for washing their ambulances. They also haven't waxed the trucks... ever. I'd like to try a coat of MSS on them to make them look a little better, but wonder how long it'll last.

6 answers to this question

A private ambulance company I work for routinely uses a degreaser solution for washing their ambulances. They also haven't waxed the trucks... ever. I'd like to try a coat of MSS on them to make them look a little better, but wonder how long it'll last.

Depending on what it is and the dillution ratio...most sealants wouldn't have a chance against a cleaner/degreaser. Specifically to MSS, I would have to ask the experts who have tested it.

kinda what I thought... just wanted to get some confirmation. The ambulances look lousy with the now "semi-gloss" paint from never being waxed. It's amazing how much better a vehicle looks if the paint is cared for, even a little.

Yea, not gonna stand up to a degreaser.

Might be something to bring up to management... these rigs are depreciable assets, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be cared for properly. Transitioning to a pH neutral soap for regular cleaning and saving the degreaser for when its necessary not only keeps them looking nicer, but would reduce the wear/tear on them over time.

Unfortunately, the area manager is useless. To the point that I've refused promotions because it means I'd have to work with him in the office on a daily basis. I just hoped I could make the trucks look a little better, because it's getting to the point where I don't like being associated with this company, but the pay is better than I can get elsewhere.

Archived