Customer Service 866.965.0400

Caring for convertible top

kmartind4

Question

11 answers to this question

Adam himself recommended a product called Raggtopp at the Dealer's Clinic in June.

Also, use care to NOT get polish on the top. Not that it's particularly harmful, but it just creates extra work getting it off.

Its in the works actually, but probably still a little ways off.

I personally recommend using soap and water for the mostpart... unless there is more serious dirt on there anything more substantial than that won't be required.

Soap it down with the rest of the vehicle during wash and any spots can be gently scrubbed using a short, medium stiff, brush like the Leather & Interior Brush. This will agitate the soap and get anything thats 'stuck' off gently.

Reserve the RaggTopp for times when more serious cleaning and protectant is needed.

What is the best way to clean and protect a black convertible top? Specifically on a 2011 Camero.

I use the Raggtop kit...cleaner and protector. I use a soft brush to gently clean any tough stains or spots. It works great but if Adam came out with something I would use it. Good luck!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I have had success with the carpet and upholstry cleaner to get some really bad stains out. My body shop flung polish on my 08 Saturn rag top (black) and the CUC took care of it no problem with the stiff interior carpet brush. Test this in a hidden area first before you use it on your ragtop.

I used 303 to clean the A4 top and then RaggTopp to protect it for the first big detail. (we bought it used so I wanted to get a good baseline, and this was before I learned of Adam's)

Going forward, I just use Adam's shampoo and a light brushing with the stiff carpet/upholstery brush. I'll plan to reprotect with the RaggTopp in the spring. It is still beading well after 4 months.

Archived