Customer Service 866.965.0400

Newbie in NC

rtsoul

Hi everyone. Just wanted to check in and introduce myself. My name is Ryan and I have a black 99 camaro and a blue 01 tahoe that I work on alot. The camaro was from the North East and has some seriously abused pain to the point of one panel needs new clear coat. But, since I found JunkMan 2000 on you tube I've learned some easy basics that have helped me save the rest of the cars paint from major swirls and chips. Anyways, hi and thanks in advance for any future help.:hi: P.S. learning to use compounds and waxes properly with a machine is one of the best skills I have learned in years about cars.

I'll take some pics of the Camaro in the morning to show some of the damage the previous owner did and what I'm up against. Great thing is that I can learn on this car and if I screw it up, oh well guess I'll have an excuse to repaint it in some candy paint lol. Does anyone know the size of pictures I should use to upload to this forum? I don't want to make some huge pic and piss everyone off lol.

Here are some pics of what I'm working on. The privious owner didn't understand where the front end was when they were driving and the nose of the Camaro shows that. The majority of the peeling clear coat is on the right rear quarter panel and it's a sure thing that the car had an accident there and the repaint was poor at best.

And the last of them for now. Time to go buy some new pads and get to work! :pc:

Don't waste your time on the areas where the clear coat is peeling. You are not going to be able to do anything with that. That car is in need of a complete paint job.

Agreed! Don't wash this with new pads, just use the old ones. Your buckets will look like this:

Rinse bucket

Mitsubishi013.jpg

Wash bucket!

Mitsubishi011.jpg

Thanks for the advice MC2Hill and Junkman. I plan on stripping and repainting the bad panel and bumpers. The rest of the paint is salvageable and will everything I can to keep it as cheap as possible. Some day I'll repaint the whole thing. On a side note, I was able to stop the clear from peeling more by taking a touch up pen and going over all the edges. It's kind of like taping all the edges of clear down so it stops till I can fix the issue. As for getting new pads, I have a Blue 2001 Tahoe as well and is in great shape for it's age so the new pads are for that. P.S. Ohhrah Junkman from a fellow Devil Dog :D

Archived