Customer Service 866.965.0400

Machine Polishing Questions

redtaco17

Question

I recently ordered a Gen 2 Machine polishing kit and I can't wait to get started. This will be my first time polishing (w/ a machine) and I've got a few questions. First of all, my truck has a lot of trim and contours. The 7.5" pads will be great for the hood, roof, and other large areas, but they are too large to hold flat against the surface in some areas. So, what technique would you use to polish these areas? If you have any trouble understanding what I am trying to say, just ask. This should help me clarify.

Thanks for the help,

Matt

7 answers to this question

I recently ordered a Gen 2 Machine polishing kit and I can't wait to get started. This will be my first time polishing (w/ a machine) and I've got a few questions. First of all, my truck has a lot of trim and contours. The 7.5" pads will be great for the hood, roof, and other large areas, but they are too large to hold flat against the surface in some areas. So, what technique would you use to polish these areas? If you have any trouble understanding what I am trying to say, just ask. This should help me clarify.

Thanks for the help,

Matt

Hi Matt

In those areas I polish by hand using a microfiber applicator pad. But there are some new smaller pads that will be available next year :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bill

Thanks for the help,

Matt

Hi Matt, thanks for your recent purchase of our goods! You'll be surprised about how much you can accomplish with the 7.5" pads, and the 3/4" polyurethane backing plate.

See, there is about 1.5 - 2" of give when you apply pressure, so getting into the nooks, creases, and crannies of your vehicle is easier than you think.

Areas that you absolutely cannot fit the polisher, clearly, you will want to apply polish by hand. In those areas, use good pressure, be consistent, and go in several directoins: Across, back and forth, etc.

Thanks again, and please take before and after photos, and post them here!!

Thanks and :welcomebanner: to our forum!!

-Adam:thumbsup:

Once you use the :pc:you'll never go back
:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:Wow Bad cramp in my finger:help:

I agree with everyone else, especially in that the pads/PC are surprisingly accommodating in tight spots and curves. Once you get going with it you'll start to get a feel for how to handle it to work the angles. I've also noticed on my cars that those tighter areas tend not to need as much correction anyway; it's generally the big, flat areas that seem to have the most noticeable swirls and light scratches. :cheers:

Oh, and welcome to the forum! :2thumbs:

Rich