Customer Service 866.965.0400

Painter's tape

ChargerMatt

Question

18 answers to this question

Has anyone seen the blue in 1/4 inch. I have a pin stripe down the side that is a pain. Want to take it off but the wife likes the look ( Might have to hit it with some S&H in the spring..."sorry dear the buffer got away from me":rolleyes:

Check an auto parts store in the paint section. They should carry a couple of different widths of the 3m green.

Has anyone seen the blue in 1/4 inch. I have a pin stripe down the side that is a pain. Want to take it off but the wife likes the look ( Might have to hit it with some S&H in the spring..."sorry dear the buffer got away from me":rolleyes:

Here is a link to the 3M/Scotch tapes. The green "specialized" automotive tape is hard to find in the big box stores. You can get the 233+ all the way down to 1/10 of an inch and goes all the way up to almost 3 inches. They call that "performance" tape. You can get the green, "Automotive" performance tape in 3 sizes.

You can get it from Amazon with no tax, free shipping for $5. TBH, Almost every video I've seen from newbie's to professional detailers, usually have the blue on their car. The blue is all purpose according to their website, and doesn't have automotive application on their chart. If they are the prett much the same price, I say get the green. Opinions may differ, but I highly doubt blue painters tape is going to hurt your car.

All Tape

Masking Tape, Automotive Masking Tape, Green Masking Tape, Yellow Masking Tape, Scotch 233+, Fine Line masking Tape, Refinish Masking Tape, Waterborne Masking Tape, Automotive Masking Tape, Autobody Masking Tape, Car Repair Masking Tape, Collision Ma

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Smallest I've seen is 3/4" and I don't think it was 3m. Paint stores carry 1" and up.

May have to tape it, with excess to top or bottom and polish, then peel off and re-tape, overlapping on the already polished side.

Or, buy a fat roll, (3.5") and use a band saw. Trim down the whole roll.

Yeah... that's it.:iagree:

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Keep your tape where you keep your ADAM'S products... not too cold, not too hot.

3M Blue Painter's Tape, no other. Have 3 sizes on-hand at all times.

I used the 3M blue. Just make sure you read the packaging as there are several degrees of adhesive aggressiveness available in their lineup. You want the 'Original' which has a 'medium' tack for most uses. Don't let the package color fool you...it's blue tape.

Here's a handy Chart from the 3M website.

PDF Chart

3M US: ScotchBlue

Archived