Customer Service 866.965.0400

Suggestions for my tires.

joeobx

Question

I have a new truck that came with Goodyear Wrangler tires which are a pain to dress with VRT. They have ribs ALL the way around the side walls. Take me about 15 min to dress. I have tried the adams tire app and it's a pain not to miss spots or end up with it too thick and worrying about slinging it everywhere.

Any ideas ?

11 answers to this question

Cut the VRT with water like suggested, and spray on, just understand that for every bit of water you add the gloss of the VRT goes down so the finish might not be what you want.

You can also dress all the areas you can reach with the full strength VRT, the come back and hit the ribs and other weird spots with In & Out Spray.

Cut the VRT with water like suggested, and spray on, just understand that for every bit of water you add the gloss of the VRT goes down so the finish might not be what you want.

You can also dress all the areas you can reach with the full strength VRT, the come back and hit the ribs and other weird spots with In & Out Spray.

^^^ Ive done both, both work wonders. just gotta play with your technique, its what works for you in the end. us and dylan can point you in the right direction but its up to you :D get some pics up once you work with it :cheers:

I hear you on these tires. I assume they are the Wrangler Duratracs. I have the same tires and I dread the final step of the detail just because of that. I usually do the bottom half of the tire like you would any other tire, in a circular motion around the tire, then I do vertical wipes at each tread, then circular around those areas to even things out (that's as best as I can describe it). I then go back and touch up within the treads. Hope this confusing explanation helps :)

Joe;

I bought a cheap foam brush set at Wally Mart with different size brushes in it for like $1. I use one of the smaller ones and can get into the ribs fairly easily. I just put a little SVRT on the brush and put it on the top half of all the tires. Move the truck forward or backward, about half the rotation of the tire so I make sure and get coverage all the way around the tire. This is how I have been doing it for a while, and it works for me. Good luck!

I think I found the answer....shoe buffing brush. I picked one up at Wally World the other day and it works pretty well. I go over the tire with the tire applicator and then use the shoe brush to work out the excess and I don't have to cut the VRT down. :rockon:

Archived