Customer Service 866.965.0400

Keeping up with a marathon runner....

Grubrunner

Ever watched a marathon from the comfort of your couch thinking ".... jeez, they're just strolling out there, I could keep up with them and do this, no problem."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lPyBMsjVG94" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What makes distance running look so easy on TV is the fact the strides are so long and refined. A good runners stride looks almost effortless. As someone who used to run distance I can appreciate it and I could never push myself past a 10K...

To just run a sub 3hr marathon (which is good, but not even world class) means you have to average a sub 7 minute mile for the entire 26.2 which is crazy! I can average a 5 minute mile over 3, but thats really pushing myself.

Marathon runners are a different breed thats for sure.

What makes distance running look so easy on TV is the fact the strides are so long and refined. A good runners stride looks almost effortless. As someone who used to run distance I can appreciate it and I could never push myself past a 10K...

To just run a sub 3hr marathon (which is good, but not even world class) means you have to average a sub 7 minute mile for the entire 26.2 which is crazy! I can average a 5 minute mile over 3, but thats really pushing myself.

Marathon runners are a different breed thats for sure.

I can get a 7min 1 mile and then I slow wayyy down lol..you must be in some good shape Dylan! how is the land paddle going?

I can get a 7min 1 mile and then I slow wayyy down lol..you must be in some good shape Dylan! how is the land paddle going?

I was in good shape... years of basketball and running have taken a toll on my knees and back which limits my distance running now. When I was at my best I could do a sub 15minute 5k

The land paddling is awesome... been getting some 6+ mile paddles in and its really working my abs, chest, and shoulders. Only downside is being stopped a couple of times everywhere so people can ask me questions about it. :2thumbs:

I was in good shape... years of basketball and running have taken a toll on my knees and back which limits my distance running now. When I was at my best I could do a sub 15minute 5k

The land paddling is awesome... been getting some 6+ mile paddles in and its really working my abs, chest, and shoulders. Only downside is being stopped a couple of times everywhere so people can ask me questions about it. :2thumbs:

Basketball was tough on my knees and feet in my couple years playing. The land padle looks like fun and a really good workout, wish I had a good area to try it out around here!

Archived