Customer Service 866.965.0400

First PC attempt, what did I do wrong?

Weezerj

Question

so i wisely tried my first PC on my wife's car. Problem is, I have created something that I can't get out and she's gonna kill me if I can figure out how to fix...

Junkman, I need your help!

What did I do wrong and how do i fix. (I only have one pic because my battery died, I will get more up if you need them)

scaled.php?server=11&filename=img0750ju.jpg&res=medium

• Answers 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good call! Good luck!

thanks. I tried removing with IPA without any luck. I also tried to clay it again.....without any luck there either.

I am taking it to a Dylan's dealer in my area tomorrow morning to see if he can help me out.

LOL... did I buy the company after a bender and not realize it? :jester:

Theres something seriously amiss here... the biggest factor being that the issue you're posting pictures of is in straight lines. The PC is oscillating in an orbital pattern... virtually impossible to create a straight line defect with a machine thats effectively moving in circles.

Now you described your process as: Wash -> Clay -> Wash -> PC 7424XP => Adams swirl and scratch remover (orange polish + orange pad)

Can you elaborate on what speed you had the machine set on? How much product you used? What size area approximately you were working on? Did you work until the product 'flashed'?

LOL... did I buy the company after a bender and not realize it? :jester:

Theres something seriously amiss here... the biggest factor being that the issue you're posting pictures of is in straight lines. The PC is oscillating in an orbital pattern... virtually impossible to create a straight line defect with a machine thats effectively moving in circles.

Now you described your process as: Wash -> Clay -> Wash -> PC 7424XP => Adams swirl and scratch remover (orange polish + orange pad)

Can you elaborate on what speed you had the machine set on? How much product you used? What size area approximately you were working on? Did you work until the product 'flashed'?

Speed was 5, area was about 2x2. 3 pea sized drops with a spritz of detail spray. Slow movement of the pc, but I might have been using too much pressure. On my initial run, the pad was running counter clockwise. However, on my second run (other side of hood), I was running with much lighter pressure and got the same marks.

Can you video your process from the point of putting polish on the pad to removal?

Like I said, you're working with a tool hooked up to round pads, operating in an orbital movement, yet getting a defect manifesting in straight lines - there is something seriously off about this and seeing how your working would definitely help.

Can you video your process from the point of putting polish on the pad to removal?

Like I said, you're working with a tool hooked up to round pads, operating in an orbital movement, yet getting a defect manifesting in straight lines - there is something seriously off about this and seeing how your working would definitely help.

I will try. I am trying to post a vid right now but my damn computer is working with me about as good as everything else today has.....:loser:

I still think it may be a paint issue. I had a car years ago that someone broke into. They used a screwdriver to pop the window. I guess it doesn't make lots of noise. Took it to a place that I had some work done years earlier on another car, and they did a great job. (They were friends of my dad and did high end cars like Ferarri, etc.) This time come to find out the painter they had originally quit and they had some goof ball that didn't know how to paint, and basically wrecked the side of my 4Runner trying to paint some screwdriver dings on the rear quarter panel window.

Fast forward a few years. I wrecked the front and took the car to the dealership this time. Didn't want to deal with the headaches previously. Well the dealership had masked some areas off and the clear coat from the crappy paint job previously came off. I didn't even realize they had painted basically the whole side of my car repairing some screw driver dings on the back quarter panel. After that experience I don't go anywhere but the dealer for autobody.

Archived