Customer Service 866.965.0400

Im torn :S

BlueGenCoupe

Guys, Im torn into which DSLR I should get...the cannon rebel t3i 18 mp

Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18MP DSLR Camera With 18-55mm IS Lens Kit : DSLR Cameras - Best Buy Canada

or the nikon d5100 16.2 mp.

Nikon D5100 16.2MP DSLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens Kit : DSLR Cameras - Best Buy Canada

Price is the same so Im just looking for the best bang for the buck.

Having had both Nikon and Canon cameras... I would recommend that you go to a store and use both of them. Which one feels best to you? Which one is more intuitive? You don't want to miss shots because you cannot figure out how to adjust the camera for what you are trying to capture.

It comes down alot to the user interface and what makes sense to you.

:)

Both will give you great results, I have had both Nikon and Canon professional systems and consumer systems with more lenses than I care to mention.

I would do like DaveVY said, go an hold each in your hand and which feels the best is what I would get, both will deliver outstanding photos if you use them correctly.

Nikon!

I had one of the first canon DSLRs ...it was good but i always thought that the nikons are a bit clearer...Especially when shooting in RAW

Jees, i havent looked at DSLRs in years. 18 megapixels now :eek: Man, thats awesome.

Mine had 6 megapixels and that was insane back in the day

Canon lenses are more affordable ... both systems are great and won't be the limiting factor in your photography hobby. Do you have friends that shoot? If so maybe get what they have so you can share lenses and discuss tech issues.

Canon lenses are more affordable ... both systems are great and won't be the limiting factor in your photography hobby. Do you have friends that shoot? If so maybe get what they have so you can share lenses and discuss tech issues.

If you are wanting to have education on your camera, also consider the classes or user groups available in your area. Your geography may be more slanted toward one or the other brand.

If you are wanting to have education on your camera, also consider the classes or user groups available in your area. Your geography may be more slanted toward one or the other brand.

Good point. I know that Jim (Nordgrey) bought the same D5100 I did at around the same time, but he went to classes at the place he got it from and as a result can take much better pictures than I can.

I vastly prefer the canon's ... its like choosing apple/pc ... both are good, pick which one fits your hands and button layout/operating system you prefer

:iagree: I have asked a few professionals over the years this question whether they preferred Nikon or Canon. This was pretty much the answer I got.

I have the very Canon with the 18-55mm you are considering. Great camera in my opinion. To me, it comes down to the user interface. Canons are vastly more user friendly than Nikons in my (limited) experience.

Archived