Customer Service 866.965.0400

CUSTOMER POLLING: Average Pad Use?

How many uses ON AVERAGE do you get out of your PC pads?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How many uses ON AVERAGE do you get out of your PC pads?

Please select the number of uses you see on average from your pads.

If you get varying amounts of use, average the per pad total and select accordingly. No comments or commentary needed, just looking for the numbers.

Thanks!

Example -

Orange pad is good for 6 uses, white pad is good for 10.

(6+10) / 2 = average of 8 uses.

Select the 6-9 uses option.

Sorry Dylan, just a poll question. If I get three uses...which one do I select? 6? 9?

I just ask because it says 1-3, 3-6 etc. Just want to give you an accurate picture.

Thank you.......Dave

Well I voted 6-9, but I have only done a full detail 5 times. However, I have touched up random body panels many times, which I figure puts me in that category. And my pads are just starting to fade and tear a bit at the edges. However, my green pad tore during the first use, on my door (no badges or anything to hit), so yeah.

bump. I know we've got more than 16 porter cable users on this site.

I'd vote Dylan..but you didn't answer my question:confused:

I may be just missing something, but if my answer is, for example, 6, which one do I select? There are two options for 6, and that would make the results come out skewed.

Plus....I fear I may be "labeled" someone who has "improper" technique if my pads aren't lasting as long as others. Just my thoughts.

I'd vote Dylan..but you didn't answer my question:confused:

I may be just missing something, but if my answer is, for example, 6, which one do I select? There are two options for 6, and that would make the results come out skewed.

Plus....I fear I may be "labeled" someone who has "improper" technique if my pads aren't lasting as long as others. Just my thoughts.

use your best judgement... if you think you could only get 6 out of it and they're done go on the low side. If you replace them at 6, but might be able to squeeze another use out of them before replacing without any problems go to the high side.

bump. I know we've got more than 16 porter cable users on this site.

Sorry Dylan, not a PC user (yet). Just got my first order of stuff yesterday. Damn does that detail spray smell good!

And now I'm conflicted on whether I should use a PC or not. Plenty of people call me "Mac" (because of last name)!:)

I put in 6-9 but it is a bit of a guess.

I did 4 car's with my first pads, but they were replaced because of problems that I was having with the pads/backing plate. I have 3 car's with the new pads/backing plate and find very little showing. I am sure that I well get beyond 6 cars with the pads.

use your best judgement... if you think you could only get 6 out of it and they're done go on the low side. If you replace them at 6, but might be able to squeeze another use out of them before replacing without any problems go to the high side.

Got it....thanks DylOn....haha.

Sorry Dylan, not a PC user (yet). Just got my first order of stuff yesterday. Damn does that detail spray smell good!

And now I'm conflicted on whether I should use a PC or not. Plenty of people call me "Mac" (because of last name)!:)

Different thread topic....not to threadjack....but why are you conflicted about being a PC user? No need to be....it's one of the best and most universal machine's out there. Being critical of products, machine's and tools on this forum only make them better. That's one of the reason's why Adam's is so good...customer feedback.

On this forum when people are critical, it's because the products are already the best...and the goal is to make them better.

Different thread topic....not to threadjack....but why are you conflicted about being a PC user? No need to be....it's one of the best and most universal machine's out there. Being critical of products, machine's and tools on this forum only make them better. That's one of the reason's why Adam's is so good...customer feedback.

On this forum when people are critical, it's because the products are already the best...and the goal is to make them better.

It was a bit of a joke, PC vs Mac. (I didn't say it was a good joke.)

Archived