Customer Service 866.965.0400

I'm PISSED!!!

Z71_Denali

today is my wife's birthday, so being the good husband i am, i bought her flowers to be hand delivered to her office. i paid $20 extra to have them arrive before noon, and even asked if they could try and get them there even earlier. my wife works until noon on fridays, so this really was my only option.

here it is almost noon, and she never called to thank me for getting her flowers... and i NEVER buy her flowers, so she really wasn't expecting them. the one time i buy her flowers the florist is late, eventhough i paid extra for early delivery.

i call the florist and they told me they're out for delivery but probably won't make it until 1pm... i politely asked why, reminding them i paid extra for expedited delivery and even asked a week in advance to please make it as early as possible. they had the nerve to tell me, "well we can deliver them somewhere else or on another day." NO! i wanted them delivered to her office, because she's spending the rest of the day at the spa getting treated, and today is her birthday... they're meaningless after today!

so now she won't be getting flowers because i cancelled the $100 order due to their incompetence and will be getting refunded. and now i have to call her to let her know i got her flowers but they won't make it in time to her work. this crap never happened when we lived in Midland or Tulsa... i hate living in a big city! :help:

hopefully tonight goes better. i'm taking her to The Melting Pot, her favorite restaurant and then to go see the new Sherlock Holmes movie, before we go party with all our friends.

I have always had great luck with proflowers.com man. Getting there when they needed to be there, in excellent shape too.

Happy Birthday to your wife. Just go to the store, and get a single rose wrapped in baby's breath and paper, with a note that says,

"Simply because I love you. Happy Birthday"

I bet that scores some points.

:D

Mook

Ditch that florist. I have had florist issues in the past, and if THEY can't get their deliveries on time as agreed upon, get the darned flowers, give them to your wife, and never use them again - plus put your negative review out there somewhere (Yelp or whereever) to warn others that timeliness is not part of that florist's business service.

Plus having flowers delivered to your wife at work is the way for them to have maximum effectiveness.

I have always had luck with 1800flowers.com - used them multiple times and they sent very good on time quality flowers.

:iagree: No issues here. I think I've used Proflowers too without issue. Similar to you, I've had them delivered for V-day and such (busy times) to her work and they've always been there in w/i the time window I chose.

Sorry that sucks go get the them your self and leave them inthe house for her!

I feel for you both, I'd be upset. Especially since you ordered ahead of time and paid Extra for Early morning.

Best thing to do is get the flowers at a reputable florist and have them in the house when she gets home.

That sucks man. I feel your pain. I gave up on the big FTD/1800Flowers types a long time ago... their customer service is for crap and they rarely make the scheduled delivery time. I've even had times where they delivered to the wrong address, forged a delivery signature, and tried to say it wasn't their fault.

I've started using a small, local, mom & pop type place... no online ordering. I head in a few days in advance, chat with the nice older lady that owns the place and they deliver on time, wherever I want, and with much nicer arrangements than I ever got from the big guys.

Costs a bit more, but a small community business like that one goes the extra mile so its always worth the added $.

BTW, i failed to mention the flowers were ordered through Proflowers "Express". the division that i guess sells the flowers online and they get hand delivered by a local florist already put together, instead of in a box.

sadly, i think if i woulda just ordered through the regular proflowers.com site, FedEx would've had it delivered by 10am!

been there, done that.. many issues with 800flowers and ftd..

found a local florist near my Wife's office that hooks me up and delivers when I need them to..

I miss the hook up I had years ago when I worked right next door to a florist.. the owner always hooked me up..

Archived