Customer Service 866.965.0400

alarms?

cuzjarrett94

how about a Trunk Monkey ?? ;)

trunk_monkey.jpg

I've been browsing at alarms recently to. Viper as always been a good brand. Python and DEI were brands recommended to me before.

Are you looking for a remote start as well?

:lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

how about a Trunk Monkey ?? ;)

trunk_monkey.jpg

I've been browsing at alarms recently to. Viper as always been a good brand. Python and DEI were brands recommended to me before.

Are you looking for a remote start as well?

yeah i want one that doesnt throw poo at me forgot to mention that...:lolsmack::lolsmack: does it come with it?sure why not go all the way!! :thumbsup:

We were at a fireworks display years ago when the kids were young, standing in a parking lot next to a white Dodge. Every time one of them let loose with a big boom, that darn alarm would go off "step away from the vehicle" "you are too close". Yeah, that worked.:lolsmack::lolsmack:

I'll never buy an aftermarket alarm again. They are annoying, no one pays attention to them, and half the time a hack works on your car and the wiring is never the same.

Just my 2 cents.

Jason, I am going to disagree with you on this one...

Yes, they are annoying, and yes people ignore them. But that's when you get what you pay for...

I had my truck broken into back in July/August, they did 5K worth of theft and damage :(

Anyways, after that I have installed a aftermarket alarm system and I absolutely love it...

CLICK HERE for the post I made on another site after having it installed.

Anyways, It is a AutoPage RS1000... It is similar to the top Viper 7900

They both come with one OLED (pretty fancy) remote, 1 mile range, shock sensor, remote start and the basics...

The AutoPage comes with a SECOND basic remote (for the wife) and a glass break sensor.

Now they claim that you have a 1 mile range... This true and false. I personally have had it work 1.1 miles away. But it is all dependent "line of site" with the vehicle, the weather, other radio frequency's, buildings, etc...

But I will tell you this, You will rarely need 1 mile range for it to pick up.

This is a 2-way system. That means that if your alarm is set off, it will page your transponder and show you on the screen exactly what is happening and what has been triggered. You can added extra's to it such as a tilt sensor (for rims), a motion sensor (for convertables), and a battery backup, extra pin switches, etc...

Now most installers will not put the hood pin switch in because "its a pain" but I would recommend it for the simple fact that if they open the hood and cut the wire, the alarm is dead...

NOW on the other hand, you can get a battery backup, which will prevent this from being a issue.

I got a pretty good deal on mine from the owner of JC's Customs, but you can expect to spend a pretty penny.

My system has everything it comes with, plus the battery backup, plus a extra pin switch for the tonneau cover and something else I think...

This system has prevented 2 attempted break in's on my truck in the less than 6 months I have had it. I was lucky enough to catch one of them :D

Anyways, if you want any more info let me know, I will help you out as much as I can

I'll never buy an aftermarket alarm again. They are annoying, no one pays attention to them, and half the time a hack works on your car and the wiring is never the same. Just my 2 cents.

:iagree: I would increase insurance to cover everything, and pay double then listen to an aftermarket alarm going off over and over and over and. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

:iagree: I would increase insurance to cover everything, and pay double then listen to an aftermarket alarm going off over and over and over and. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

believe me im insured...i got the biggest policy the company could offer...:2thumbs: the reason i want to get a alarm is because if they do steal it i cant get it replaced..1 of 355 i have seen 2 my whole life mine and my uncles:2thumbs:..but i see what you are saying adam are they really that annoying?

Jason, I am going to disagree with you on this one...

Yes, they are annoying, and yes people ignore them. But that's when you get what you pay for...

I had my truck broken into back in July/August, they did 5K worth of theft and damage :(

Anyways, after that I have installed a aftermarket alarm system and I absolutely love it...

CLICK HERE for the post I made on another site after having it installed.

Anyways, It is a AutoPage RS1000... It is similar to the top Viper 7900

They both come with one OLED (pretty fancy) remote, 1 mile range, shock sensor, remote start and the basics...

The AutoPage comes with a SECOND basic remote (for the wife) and a glass break sensor.

Now they claim that you have a 1 mile range... This true and false. I personally have had it work 1.1 miles away. But it is all dependent "line of site" with the vehicle, the weather, other radio frequency's, buildings, etc...

But I will tell you this, You will rarely need 1 mile range for it to pick up.

This is a 2-way system. That means that if your alarm is set off, it will page your transponder and show you on the screen exactly what is happening and what has been triggered. You can added extra's to it such as a tilt sensor (for rims), a motion sensor (for convertables), and a battery backup, extra pin switches, etc...

Now most installers will not put the hood pin switch in because "its a pain" but I would recommend it for the simple fact that if they open the hood and cut the wire, the alarm is dead...

NOW on the other hand, you can get a battery backup, which will prevent this from being a issue.

I got a pretty good deal on mine from the owner of JC's Customs, but you can expect to spend a pretty penny.

My system has everything it comes with, plus the battery backup, plus a extra pin switch for the tonneau cover and something else I think...

This system has prevented 2 attempted break in's on my truck in the less than 6 months I have had it. I was lucky enough to catch one of them :D

Anyways, if you want any more info let me know, I will help you out as much as I can

thankyou so much for all the info cyclone=) the system i want is also on my uncles 92 i know one of the brands it viper but he showed me how it works he has like memory chip thing that you havet to plug in the bottom of the dash and he said even if you have the keys it wont start without the chip being scanned?idk who makes that system?but thats the one i want!and he also has the viper window thing if he locks it up and leaves the windows down 1 min later they roll up and it locks down!!?idk i just want the chip scanner idk rememeber who makes it?

You can get the add-on for the window roll up with the autopage, along with everything else..

On mine, when I hit the remote start, it automatically locks the doors, and arms the truck... then when you get close to getting in simply hit unlock as you normally would

Also, if you do not put the key in the ignition prior to stepping on either pedal, the truck will die and go into a "theft" mode, which you simply have to push the manual "valet" button which is inside the vehicle, and then hit the transponder or whatever to get it back.

I don't see why they say it is so annoying... maybe to hear it go off or whatever, but it is a deterant... Nothing is 100% full proof... But the 2-way paging system is the best!

How about getting Lojack instead? The main reason I moved out of the city was to avoid the sound of car alarms going off, so maybe I'm particularly sensitive.:mad:

I'm now trying to get the little 'beep' to stop when locking and unlocking my wife's car.

My take: The only noise a car should make is a great note out of the exhaust, and some nice tunes inside.

No offense Cyclone! It's just not my thing.

:burnout:

Edited by Adam

How about getting Lojack instead? The main reason I moved out of the city was to avoid the sound of car alarms going off, so maybe I'm particularly sensitive.:mad:

I'm now trying to get the little 'beep' to stop when locking and unlocking my wife's car.

My take: The only noise a car should make is a great note out of the exhaust, and some nice tunes inside.

No offense Cyclone! It's just not my thing.

:burnout:

yeah i understand what you mean adam...i was in a parking lot 1 time and these kids touched this guys porsche i was 20 ft away...i think my ears were bleeding....uhhhh i just want something to lock it down to where they cant drive off with it..its old school i have a door key and a ignition key..thats it....lol

You can get the add-on for the window roll up with the autopage, along with everything else..

On mine, when I hit the remote start, it automatically locks the doors, and arms the truck... then when you get close to getting in simply hit unlock as you normally would

Also, if you do not put the key in the ignition prior to stepping on either pedal, the truck will die and go into a "theft" mode, which you simply have to push the manual "valet" button which is inside the vehicle, and then hit the transponder or whatever to get it back.

I don't see why they say it is so annoying... maybe to hear it go off or whatever, but it is a deterant... Nothing is 100% full proof... But the 2-way paging system is the best!

thanks cyclone for all this info on them:thumbsup: i prob will be investing in one here pretty soon....and adam must of had a worse expierence than i did?:confused:

If you are trying to keep people from stealing the car than go with Ravelco http://www.ravelco.com If you are protecting things in the car go with a two way alarm so you know what is going on and install a piezo siren inside the car to deter people for staying inside because they are really loud. I have a 2 way system on my truck and had one on my car. I had $1300 worth of stereo equipment stolen, put an alarm in and a stereo again, and of course they tried again, a lot, but they never where able to get anything because I payed attention to my alarm. There is something that is a glass break microphone because it is possible to break glass without setting off the shock sensor, it is a good thing to have.

Alarm's are a waste of money,if a thief wants you car,they'll get it :help:

It is a deterrent. It makes it a little harder and can save you from the neighbor hood kids who want to steal your car for a joy ride or the stereo :D

Don't ask me how I know that part. I'm pleading the 5th :jester:

If you are trying to keep people from stealing the car than go with Ravelco http://www.ravelco.com If you are protecting things in the car go with a two way alarm so you know what is going on and install a piezo siren inside the car to deter people for staying inside because they are really loud. I have a 2 way system on my truck and had one on my car. I had $1300 worth of stereo equipment stolen, put an alarm in and a stereo again, and of course they tried again, a lot, but they never where able to get anything because I payed attention to my alarm. There is something that is a glass break microphone because it is possible to break glass without setting off the shock sensor, it is a good thing to have.

what 2 way sytem do you have?:help:

I have a AEW two way with remote start. They don't have an online site though. I have never had a problem with it going off at random times or not working at all. My old car I had a Prestige two alarm and never had any problems with it either. Both work great and have good warranties. Both of them had stronger two way remotes for if you accidentally drop it. I have had friends with a Viper 2 way and if they drop their remote once it would break. Both the AEW and the Prestige have really good range on them for the remotes. They both cost me about $400 installed might be a little less without the remote start.

Edited by chevyguy8893