Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bare Hand Massaging a Ferrari

Z71_Denali

... is this guy serious? :lol:

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xOinF6QmfUo" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

to be quite honest, the paint in the end does not appear to have the depth/reflection i've seen with other ferraris the same color.

I've seen this done a lot especially on UK forums, Paul Dalton kind of started this trend with his Crystal Rock wax through Swissvax. I don't think it makes much of a difference to be honest. When Paul Dalton described it in one of his videos, apparently the natural oil in your hands are suppose to act as a "catalyst" for the wax and it somehow enhances the end result.

... is this guy serious? :lol:

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xOinF6QmfUo" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

to be quite honest, the paint in the end does not appear to have the depth/reflection i've seen with other ferraris the same color.

Thats because he wasn't using adams products :jester:

Barry @ Presidential is very good at what he does so I won't even begin to criticize his work, but I certainly don't buy into the hand applied wax gimmick.

If it makes you happy then go for it, but the "heat activated enzymes... blah blah blah" sounds more like a way to get you to waste large amounts of expensive paste wax so you have to buy more.

I've tried it and got nothing more for my efforts than an extra heavy coating of wax and a lot of wasted product.

Barry @ Presidential is very good at what he does so I won't even begin to criticize his work, but I certainly don't buy into the hand applied wax gimmick.

If it makes you happy then go for it, but the "heat activated enzymes... blah blah blah" sounds more like a way to get you to waste large amounts of expensive paste wax so you have to buy more.

I've tried it and got nothing more for my efforts than an extra heavy coating of wax and a lot of wasted product.

I agree. Barry is very good at print correction, but the hand application doesn't seem to really add anything, except to the wax makers pocketbook. It seems that a thin coat would work best, but I don't see how you could accomplish that with the unevenness of you hands.

the thick coat of wax you guys are talking about with hand "massaging" wax on paint i think is what detered me to say the depth of the reflection was somewhat inadequate. like the thick coat was evenly clouding the paint (for lack of a better term)

Now if only festool would make a DA, albet that would rival the flex

(the middle rotary is what this guy was using)

Rotary polisher

And for all you woodworkers out there, Festool is well worth their weight in gold for accuracy/ergonomics

Festool International - Tools for the toughest demands The kapex is AWESOME!

I'd kill to have a Festool rotary and DA.

Archived