Customer Service 866.965.0400

Recommendations for using Ryobi from New Zealand Adams Site ?

vxcalais

Question

Being more common and primarily U.S based, there is heaps of info for using the PC, but there isnt any info on here etc using the Ryobi ERO 750 DA machine that is for sale on the New Zealand Adams site. Are there any recommendation to compare settings and use to the PC machine ?

THanks. Great site.

14 answers to this question

What is the link to the Adams new Zealand site?

Im not fimilar with the Ryobi DA polisher, but I am a bit Fimiliar with tools. There is no comparison to Porter cable and Ryobi. Here in Canada Ryobi is very cheap brand of tool. Porter cable Is alot better, Just in the tool constuction alone. If your looking to buy a machine, Porter cable is your best bet

What is the link to the Adams new Zealand site?

Im not fimilar with the Ryobi DA polisher, but I am a bit Fimiliar with tools. There is no comparison to Porter cable and Ryobi. Here in Canada Ryobi is very cheap brand of tool. Porter cable Is alot better, Just in the tool constuction alone. If your looking to buy a machine, Porter cable is your best bet

Link to New Zealand Site: Adams Polishes

Keep in mind the currency exchange rate when looking at prices.

<TABLE class=Cnvrsn border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=300><TBODY><TR><TD align=right>as of a few minutes ago: 1 NZD = 0.769784 USD</TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I think that is a just an adams dealer In new Zealand so I dont see why there should be an exchange rate...everything should be in NZD.

$60 for CLAY??? that is crazyy

The Flex is $800, hahaha.

OP, yeah, I'm a member of a bunch of detailing forums, and I've never heard of the Ryobi. In the US at least, they aren't a bad brand at all. If Adam's sells it, it's probably been through the gauntlet of tests though. I've just never had any experience with it. Sorry.

PS that unit actually looks pretty solid.

I think that is a just an adams dealer In new Zealand so I dont see why there should be an exchange rate...everything should be in NZD.

$60 for CLAY??? that is crazyy

What I meant is that when you see $60 for clay, that is the same as "only" $46 US.

Took some digging, Ryobi doesn't do much with that tool here in the states apparently:

Power input: 750 Watts

No load speed: 4000-7000 rpm

Pad size: 150 mm

Orbit size: 3.5 mm

Weight: 3 kg

ERO750RG-?maxsidesize=400

Seems to operate in a very similar speed range to the PC so its safe to say that to some degree the recommendations on use of the Porter Cable 7424xp would apply, the wild card issue here is the speeds tools like this are rated at are measured 'unloaded' with no pressure down on the tool. This polisher might bog more than a PC or less... hard to day.

Other than that the same rules apply, you want operate in the upper OPM range for polishing and only apply enough pressure to slow the rotation of the backing plate, not stop it.

yeah dust collection bag for sanding timber. It just pulls off. There is a guy on their site polishing a Porche Carrera with one, just no real instructions etc.

It seems like a good machine. I have the Adams pads etc, Green, White and Blue i think. I have LC Orange and White to use as well. If i can get more info on the machine, i am keep on these polishes etc. and able to compare to all the PC references on here.

We had a guy on Oz, but he closed down last year i think. So NZ is my closest supplier.

P.S Great Responses :thumbsup: from all of you.

yeah dust collection bag for sanding timber. It just pulls off. There is a guy on their site polishing a Porche Carrera with one, just no real instructions etc.

It seems like a good machine. I have the Adams pads etc, Green, White and Blue i think. I have LC Orange and White to use as well. If i can get more info on the machine, i am keep on these polishes etc. and able to compare to all the PC references on here.

We had a guy on Oz, but he closed down last year i think. So NZ is my closest supplier.

P.S Great Responses :thumbsup: from all of you.

Have you reached out to our dealer in NZ? Alan might have better insight as hes the one selling them.

Adam's Polishes NZ Ltd

56 Raywood Cres

Tuapo 3351, -- ++64 21 275 2388

Adams Polishes

adamspolishes@orcon.net.nz

Archived