Customer Service 866.965.0400

Best Hose for Washing Car

irunnoft

Question

I need a new hose also, mine is old and kinks easy. I'm looking at one of the black goodyear hoses myself.

I can vouch for the higher end black Goodyear air hoses. I have 2-50' and they are great to work with. No kinks, durable. Just be careful when you're shopping them and pay attention to the burst ratings. Not all of the black Goodyear hoses are created equal.

I'm also a big fan of the black rubber Goodyear hoses that you can get at Home Depot. Made in the USA. I have a few that are going on 5 years now and they still perform like new.

I don't have a recommendation for the hose but do for the low water pressure and the FHN. My water line has a pressure regulator. I have very low pressure. Using the FHN is like increasing my water pressure. The best part is by using the shut off valve I can do my pool rinsing with the FHN.

As IDAD (above) mentioned, look to see if your house / supply line has a regulator. I went several years with low water pressure (30 psi) thinking it was what the local water company supplied and I would just have to live with. Then one day I had to shut off the supply to R&R a water heater. BINGO -- I noticed the regulator and made a quick adjustment and now have 70 pisg pressure. Also check to see if you have at least a 1" supply line up to your meter.

:cheers:

living on a lake we have too many hoses to count, ive went through multiple hoses jsut through cheap quality. What I am going with now are half Never Kink 3/4" commercial grade hoses and a few goodyear smaller diameter. The 3/4' neverkink really helped water flow but also just is a great quality built hose.

To me, a hose is a hose. They all serve the same purpose.

Yes Anthony but....2 things I noticed after I got my new hose.

1. 3/4" transforms you FH nozzle into a true fire hose nozzle. Water flow is sick now.

2. I downgraded to a 25', and it's the perfect length. Just enough to perfectly reach the back of the vehicles. No more excess hose laying around, tangle of the hose, getting stuck under the tire, etc.

Yes Anthony but....2 things I noticed after I got my new hose.

1. 3/4" transforms you FH nozzle into a true fire hose nozzle. Water flow is sick now.

2. I downgraded to a 25', and it's the perfect length. Just enough to perfectly reach the back of the vehicles. No more excess hose laying around, tangle of the hose, getting stuck under the tire, etc.

You're probably right, but if someone has bad water pressure, a larger wont make the fire hose nozzle any better

A bad or clogged pressure regulator can cause low pressure. You may want to have it checked. We replace about a dozen a week. It's usually a volume problem and not pressure. You can have 100 psi but it'll go to nothing if you have a clogged water line or a bad PRV.

I need a new hose also, mine is old and kinks easy. I'm looking at one of the black goodyear hoses myself.

Archived