Customer Service 866.965.0400

iPad

Ragweed

I just don't see the point of those tablets...

Use one for a week or so and you'll see... It's the ease of use. take anywhere.

We use ours when traveling (which we go on vacation one weekend a month) for GPS, videos for the kids to watch, internet, grocery list, etc.

I held out until the iPad2 came out thinking it was just like my iPhone, but bigger.

I travel a lot (over 100,000 miles flown this year) and am kicking myself for waiting so long. They are light weight and very easy to take with you to get things done. As a bonus for me, they don't need to come out at the airport like a laptop does.

I held out until the iPad2 came out thinking it was just like my iPhone, but bigger.

I travel a lot (over 100,000 miles flown this year) and am kicking myself for waiting so long. They are light weight and very easy to take with you to get things done. As a bonus for me, they don't need to come out at the airport like a laptop does.

If you don't already have them I suggest the Bose QC15 to go along with the iPad. I don't travel as much as I used to do...they are spectacular with the iPad and on a plane even better.

Use one for a week or so and you'll see... It's the ease of use. take anywhere.

We use ours when traveling (which we go on vacation one weekend a month) for GPS, videos for the kids to watch, internet, grocery list, etc.

:iagree: They are hands-down awesome for traveling, and I hardy use my laptop anymore.

If you don't already have them I suggest the Bose QC15 to go along with the iPad. I don't travel as much as I used to do...they are spectacular with the iPad and on a plane even better.

I have the Studio Beats by Dre. Use them ALL the time with my iPad for movies. I won't own anything Bose unless I have to (like in a car)

I don't have Bose, but I do have good noise canceling ones.

I've wanted to get an IPAD for the longest time, but always talk myself out of it. I always say...." I have a laptop, desktop and my IPHONE. If I need to browse on the net i got my laptop, if I need to check something quick I got my Iphone. So why would I need an IPAD?"

Congrats though :lol:

I've wanted to get an IPAD for the longest time, but always talk myself out of it. I always say...." I have a laptop, desktop and my IPHONE. If I need to browse on the net i got my laptop, if I need to check something quick I got my Iphone. So why would I need an IPAD?"

You'd use it more than your phone when you have it around. You'd also use it more than your laptop. I have a home desktop, work desktop, laptop, iphone and iPad... I hardly use the laptop anymore.

I have the Studio Beats by Dre. Use them ALL the time with my iPad for movies. I won't own anything Bose unless I have to (like in a car)

I generally agree with you about Bose. I not a fan of their products at all. I'm actually a bit of a hater since I generally consider them to be overpriced junk. But if you want noise canceling headphones, the QC15 are awesome. I bought a pair when I was flying a lot last year and they're great on a plane. One of my last flights there was a crying baby 3 or 4 rows back, didn't hear a thing from it all flight. It was great. I wouldn't recommend them if all you're looking for is sound quality. You can do better. But if you want good sound plus great noise canceling, they're the way to go. The other noise canceling sets that I tried didn't do as good of a job.

I used to think the same thing, but got one for my wife and now see how many areas it becomes useful. She never needed a full laptop since mostly all she did was shop online or read the news, so the ipad was a perfect fit for her. Now she loads it up with her recipes and uses the epicurious app or all recipes app in the kitchen while she cooks, checks her email, face time chats with her parents (or me if I'm on the road) etc.

Its a luxury, not a must have, but for someone who doesn't need a full computer it certainly fills most needs and is easy to use and compact.

I generally agree with you about Bose. I not a fan of their products at all. I'm actually a bit of a hater since I generally consider them to be overpriced junk. But if you want noise canceling headphones, the QC15 are awesome. I bought a pair when I was flying a lot last year and they're great on a plane. One of my last flights there was a crying baby 3 or 4 rows back, didn't hear a thing from it all flight. It was great. I wouldn't recommend them if all you're looking for is sound quality. You can do better. But if you want good sound plus great noise canceling, they're the way to go. The other noise canceling sets that I tried didn't do as good of a job.

Seems like 70% of the people on any flight anymore are rocking the QC's from Bose... I don't think I've been on a flight in the past 12 months and not seen at least a dozen people whip them out when the plane gets in the air. If its not those then its something from the beats by dre line.

I myself wanted something a little different so I went with the Ariel7 Choppers... they've got built in phone/ipod controls + mic on the wire so I can wear them walking thru the airport and take calls or listen to music. Plus they sound amazing! These things rock!! :rockon:

BLA.jpg

AERIAL7

Seems like 70% of the people on any flight anymore are rocking the QC's from Bose... I don't think I've been on a flight in the past 12 months and not seen at least a dozen people whip them out when the plane gets in the air. If its not those then its something from the beats by dre line.

If they're waiting until the plane gets in the air, their doing it wrong. One of the pluses of the bose is that you're allowed to wear noise canceling headsets during take off and landing. I have mine on the minute my but hits the seat. :D

I myself wanted something a little different so I went with the Ariel7 Choppers... they've got built in phone/ipod controls + mic on the wire so I can wear them walking thru the airport and take calls or listen to music. Plus they sound amazing! These things rock!! :rockon:

Those look like a good option for sound. Having the built in controls and mic would be nice to have. They're not noise canceling though which was the main purchase factor for me when flying. I'll send those over to a friend though who's been looking to get a good headset for just listening to music.

If they're waiting until the plane gets in the air, their doing it wrong. One of the pluses of the bose is that you're allowed to wear noise canceling headsets during take off and landing. I have mine on the minute my but hits the seat. :D

Not with the noise canceling part turned on.

Paging SSBUSDRVR.....

Southwest, which I usually fly, allows them. It's listed on their list of devices that are always allowed. Unfortunately, I can't find it listed online with them. I'm flying in a week, I'll take a picture of it. This is assuming of course that the rule didn't change in the last couple months since my last flight.

I had been waiting until 10k feet for them until last may when I noticed another passenger wearing them from the start. That's when I found the info in the back of the inflight magazine and asked the FA for confirmation. So I've been doing it since and have been hassled once on it.

Southwest, which I usually fly, allows them. It's listed on their list of devices that are always allowed. Unfortunately, I can't find it listed online with them. I'm flying in a week, I'll take a picture of it. This is assuming of course that the rule didn't change in the last couple months since my last flight.

I had been waiting until 10k feet for them until last may when I noticed another passenger wearing them from the start. That's when I found the info in the back of the inflight magazine and asked the FA for confirmation. So I've been doing it since and have been hassled once on it.

OK. I jest did a quick search and saw other comments on NCs ans Southwest. I don't fly Southwest (the airline, not direction;)) so I was unfamiliar. On others you still can't.

I've had my iPad since the day they came out. Use it multiple times a day.

Congrats on the gift!

One problem I'm having with iPad, YouTube is slow and jerky. I never had this problem with videos on iPhone. And it seems that they're slow on iPhone once I set the iPad up

OK. I jest did a quick search and saw other comments on NCs ans Southwest. I don't fly Southwest (the airline, not direction;)) so I was unfamiliar. On others you still can't.

Ah, interesting that most of the others don't. They're not transmitting at all. So there's really no harm in having them on (just like some of the other stuff I'l like to be able to use). I usually have to fly either Southwest or US Air. We're a hub for both of them, so flight selection and price of the other airlines usually sucks. SW is my preferred of the two since US Air sucks even more then they do. :) I forget US Air's policy now, for some reason I'm thinking it's the same as SW. We'll see next week. My flight is actually with them and not SW. So I have a short wait to find out what happens.

I thought the same way I carried my Android Phone + notebook (PC) around all the time for work. That all changed when I got my Gen 1 Ipad.

Most people think you cant work or do anything productive on it but browse the Web/Email...Wrong!

I was able to edit Excel/Word Docs/Power point and View PDF files.

Being a Network Admin, remote access is a HUGE part of my job to make sure my Servers Virtual/Physical are up and running, as well as checking backup.

We found an App that would allow Terminal Server Connections and I was able to RDP into my Servers via IPAD from outside my office either wifi/3G.

After using an Ipad for a week I left my notebook in office and never took it anywhere again!

Since then I have left that Position and had to give the Ipad back. At a new job new state now, and I am eagerly awaiting the release of the Ipad 3 which is suppose to blow the Ipad 2 out of the water.

And now being able to print wireless and with MS Office coming to Ipad its going to change how and what we use to work.

I also bought an Ipad 2 for the wife...she cant put it down. She has a few books on there, Web, Email, Facebook, cooking recipes. And a few movies i converted to MPG and dropped on the Ipad for my son. It like a swiss army knife. So many uses in a small thin package. I am Pro PC but Kudos to Apple for the Ipad.

Archived