Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaned the inside of my rims

colodude18

Question

I'm one of those people that isn't satisfied with just cleaning the outside of my rims, which some of my friends would characterize as compulsive cleaning, but then I think most on this forum clean the inside of their rims just like me. My car is my DD so I don't have the luxury of keeping the car in the garage during the harsh winter months.

Last week I had to change my winter wheels/tires for going to a track day and I noticed a rusty haze on the inside of my "winter" rims. Since we've had a snowy week and cold temperatures, It was only on my front rims and I think it's the result of rust water dripping from the brake rotors onto the rims. I soaked them in APC which made cleaning it off easier although it still required extensive rubbing. Once the wheels were clean, I rinsed thoroughly with water and put a coat of machine super sealant on. I'll be keeping a closer eye on them now when the roads are wet with snow melt. Thought I'd share my experience here.

rimsrust.jpg

18 answers to this question

Wow you're sooo lucky. I'd love to be able to go to an Adam's detail clinic just to see it done in person. I can't wait for spring Carlisle which is at the end of April cuz I heard on here that Adam's will be there selling stuff. I'll most likely have my car back out for the year by then. My car is parked in the garage during winter months, which around here is around 6 months or so.:mad:

Eric in Horsham (near Doylestown) has clinics now and then. About 2 hrs. south on the turnpike - willow grove exit. Or you can come down on 33 past allentown and then come down on 611.

Thompson Racing

Eric Thompson

612 Mann Road

Horsham , PA 19044

Phone: 215-260-9827

Wow you're sooo lucky. I'd love to be able to go to an Adam's detail clinic just to see it done in person. I can't wait for spring Carlisle which is at the end of April cuz I heard on here that Adam's will be there selling stuff. I'll most likely have my car back out for the year by then. My car is parked in the garage during winter months, which around here is around 6 months or so.:mad:

See, that's where you're lucky, having another vehicle for winter besides the Cobalt. Mine is my (only) DD, no matter what the weather looks like. Good news is I don't have to drive very far - I live only 2 miles from my work. The Cobalt does surprisingly well in the snow when you slap Blizzaks on it. Except, like I found out first hand recently, when there's a foot of snow on the ground. Not enough clearance to even make it out of my garage :( We call those snow days around here :)

Thanks Stan! Yeah I was stoked to get one of these brand new right before they discontinued them. This is truly an incredible car for the money. With minimal upgrades I'm wasting cars at the track that cost 3, 4 or more times as much. And I've just always loved the look of the Cobalt coupes. I'm currently working on installing custom double LED tail lights in case you're interested!

Many of our club members are Adams fans; we are lucky enough to live within 15 miles of Adam's warehouse so we attend one of his detail clinics every spring!

My neighbors think it's HILARIOUS to stop their car as they drive by when I'm washing mine and roll down their windows and say "Mine's next.... BAHAHAH" -

shooting people should not be illegal in this particular instance.

I tell them for $75 I'll properly wash theirs.

They smirk and continue on their merry way with their dirty - driveway-parked vehicle.

:iagree:

LMFAO

if i had a penny for everyome somone told me "mines next" id be rich off just detailing my own ride(if i had a ride).

like kicktothejunk said... they keep strolling on when yu send some$$$ numbers their way:p.

My neighbors think it's HILARIOUS to stop their car as they drive by when I'm washing mine and roll down their windows and say "Mine's next.... BAHAHAH" -

They smirk and continue on their merry way with their dirty - driveway-parked vehicle.

:iagree:

LMFAO

if i had a penny for everyome somone told me "mines next" id be rich off just detailing my own ride(if i had a ride).

like kicktothejunk said... they keep strolling on when yu send some$$$ numbers their way:p.

THIS1.jpg

The neighbors across from me in our back alley do the same thing. And both their cars look like they wash them with the "foam brush" (or as I call it, wire brush) at the car wash. You know, right after one of the Comcast guys used it on his van's annual wash....arrghhh

Hey colodude its nice to see another 2010 Cobalt SS on here being taken care of exactly how they should be. They didn't make very many of these so keep up the good work and enjoy it.

Thanks Stan! Yeah I was stoked to get one of these brand new right before they discontinued them. This is truly an incredible car for the money. With minimal upgrades I'm wasting cars at the track that cost 3, 4 or more times as much. And I've just always loved the look of the Cobalt coupes. I'm currently working on installing custom double LED tail lights in case you're interested!

Many of our club members are Adams fans; we are lucky enough to live within 15 miles of Adam's warehouse so we attend one of his detail clinics every spring!

Thanks guys. The funny thing is that...I have the turbo stick! I just haven't used it yet... I guess I've been changing wheels so frequently lately that I have used that opportunity to clean the wheels inside and out, and yes, I'll admit it, I kinda forgot about the turbo stick! It makes perfect sense to use it during regular washes for upkeep and I promise I will use it from now on! :)

And I'm not worried about onlooking neighbors...they already look at me like "is he washing that car AGAIN???" lol

Hey colodude its nice to see another 2010 Cobalt SS on here being taken care of exactly how they should be. They didn't make very many of these so keep up the good work and enjoy it.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

For me it's the "You're going to wash the paint off that thing"

I just got a "when are you going to put a diaper on her" from the new neighbors that just moved in two weeks ago. Went to myself WT*? Guess he meant because I baby it so much? LOL

Turbostick is being put to work tomorrow.:thumbsup:

Thanks guys. The funny thing is that...I have the turbo stick! I just haven't used it yet... I guess I've been changing wheels so frequently lately that I have used that opportunity to clean the wheels inside and out, and yes, I'll admit it, I kinda forgot about the turbo stick! It makes perfect sense to use it during regular washes for upkeep and I promise I will use it from now on! :)

And I'm not worried about onlooking neighbors...they already look at me like "is he washing that car AGAIN???" lol

Agreed.

The turbo stick is amazing for cleaning the barrels... despite the strange looks you get from onlookers...

This is exactly the look I get from neighbors when I use mine! But I am compulsive about my wheels as well.

@ colodude18, I applied MSS on my wheels when they were fresh out of the box and it has helped tremendously. If only the spray sealant was available then! :willy: Definitely look at getting that Turbo Stick. You'll be glad you did!

Archived