Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just joining from GA

61bbltop

Just joining from GA. I own a black 03 Silverado SS and just bought a 12 Camaro SS/RS...Black of course.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I'm appalled at the spiderwebing in the brand new Camaro. I swear the dealer washed it with a brick! <o:p></o:p>

The truck looks better than the Camaro and it has the original paint and survived 4 years in Germany!<o:p></o:p>

I've got my work cut out for me but the Junkman videos gave me hope

I'd take the Camaro back to the dealer but I just don't trust them to buff out the car without damaging the clearcoat more. Any suggestions on what to start with?

Always start with the least aggressive method first.

FMP on a white pad on the PC. That may be enough to remove your free DISO (Dealer Installed Swirl Option). You may have to move up a notch to the SHR on the orange pad, and follow up with the FMP.

If you are doing this by hand, then SHR, followed by Revive, but this will not get close to the results of using the PC.

First: Welcome to the family!

Second: Nice a$$ rides!!! I have a nice warm heart for the bowtie!

Third: I was born in Warner Robins and raised in Byron!!!! I lived in Byron for most of my life! It's grown since I last lived there. Next time I am visiting my family (they now live in Perry) I'll let you know in case you need anything or have questions or just want to talk about our awesome CLEAN rides!

Brandi

:welcomebanner: Nice rides Dan!

Your Camaro would look good with the SS badge in place of your bowtie!

I've been contemplating doing just that...can't decide on the 60's style or contemporary like what's on there only bigger. As you can see, I blacked out the Silverado bowtie and made an aluminum SS badge to match the rest.

First: Welcome to the family!

Second: Nice a$$ rides!!! I have a nice warm heart for the bowtie!

Third: I was born in Warner Robins and raised in Byron!!!! I lived in Byron for most of my life! It's grown since I last lived there. Next time I am visiting my family (they now live in Perry) I'll let you know in case you need anything or have questions or just want to talk about our awesome CLEAN rides!

Brandi

Thanks...had a chance to pick up a Trail blazer SS in Colorado a few months back but couldn't work out the logistics.

Decided to settle in the WR area after my Air Force career years ago...people are nice and love the area.

Quite a few military members here, myself being one of them, and you'll see this is a very pro-military site as well. I love your pair in the driveway! And as always, we'll be here to help you out whenever needed!

... I've got my work cut out for me but the Junkman videos gave me.

Welcome to the forum. I've had quite a few Georgians come up and visit me at my garage for some one on one instruction. Feel free to make the trek. I'll get you dialed in and then you can fix your own paint. I'll even promise not to holler at you, although that's the way we military people seem to learn. :D

Welcome to the forum. I've had quite a few Georgians come up and visit me at my garage for some one on one instruction. Feel free to make the trek. I'll get you dialed in and then you can fix your own paint. I'll even promise not to holler at you, although that's the way we military people seem to learn. :D

Thanks Junkman! I've been kind of half-right in my washing/polishing technique over the years but you've showed me where I've been missing the mark in several areas i.e. I've always used two mitts when washing and have used a hose to rinse my mitt but it never occurred to me to just use another bucket!

I've got a buffer but it’s not a semi-orbiter like the PC one used in your videos. I’ve always used a three-step method to clean/polish/wax as well but I’ve never achieved the level of shine you get. It’s time to step up my game!

P.S. I spewed coffee all over my keyboard when you dropped your clay bar on the floor in your video...the look on your face said it all!

Archived