Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just ordered

GeorgeDean

Question

No problem George. Get your current clay bar and break it into 3 pieces, and use one piece at a time. That way you have some spare in case you have an outbreak of fumble fingers, which sometimes happens, esp. when we get tired. I even dropped a pad during a detail (polish side down), and the spare pad was very welcome. Also, a 2nd set of pads comes in handy if you polish on saturday night and want to continue the next morning (to finish up).

In my mind, spares (microfiber, clay, pads) give you more options. It's hard enough to isolate time for a full detail, so when it happens, I don't want lack of a spare to stop the detail. :)

I did drop it once. :)

G

No problem George. Get your current clay bar and break it into 3 pieces, and use one piece at a time. That way you have some spare in case you have an outbreak of fumble fingers, which sometimes happens, esp. when we get tired. I even dropped a pad during a detail (polish side down), and the spare pad was very welcome. Also, a 2nd set of pads comes in handy if you polish on saturday night and want to continue the next morning (to finish up).

In my mind, spares (microfiber, clay, pads) give you more options. It's hard enough to isolate time for a full detail, so when it happens, I don't want lack of a spare to stop the detail. :)

I started a bit at a time, and worked my way up. In retrospect, I could have just gotten a big PC kit and been done with it, and it would have been more economical. I have pretty much everything... Now I can concentrate on my technique and not worry about not having the right supplies. Don't forget extra clay and extra pads for the polishers, they will save your detail session. (yeah, I drop things sometimes).

Dang.... I should have gotten extra clay! I got extra pads.... extra clay would have been nice! ughh

G

I started a bit at a time, and worked my way up. In retrospect, I could have just gotten a big PC kit and been done with it, and it would have been more economical. I have pretty much everything... Now I can concentrate on my technique and not worry about not having the right supplies. Don't forget extra clay and extra pads for the polishers, they will save your detail session. (yeah, I drop things sometimes).

I've got three cars. This amortized over 3 cars makes it pretty reasonable.

I chose Adams b/c I simply couldn't figure out what to order from other manufacturers so I kept on searching. They do not make it easy to order!

I stumbled onto Adams and they make it simple (white pad with white polish) and the passion of the community speaks loud and clear.

The shipping was the hardest thing to stomach...

I bought my first passion car (04 Boxster) recently and it's swirl city. I want to do it justice.

GEorge

The exact same reason I'm here. I couldn't figure out what was what with other places.

When we offered the kits with 2 buckets customers complained that they didn't want the 2nd bucket. Either they had one or were getting another kit that included one.

The end result meant a lot of hassle tweaking and individualizing kits. I'd say probably 70-80% of the people ordering a bigger kit already had at least 1 bucket already. We adjust to what the trends show, and its easier to add an extra bucket if you need it vs. having to call us to make manual changes to a kit to remove it.

I personally don't have a problem with paying shipping. Looks to me like when I order Iam getting a better rate than the published rates. Here is a link to look for yourself.

https://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/home?cc=US&language=en&locId=express

https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_US&WT.svl=PNRO_L1

I know that Adams uses FedEx, but I included a UPS link to compare as well. When I place an order I have asked to have the item shipped UPS and it comes to me UPS. Price doesn't change, I still pay the same rate quoted in check out.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Most major holidays : Labor, Memorial, Independence, Thanksgiving, Christmas - they offer 15% and usually free shipping over $150.

That's been the pattern the last couple years anyway.

And uh, if you don't have a local dealer - well... now's your chance to make that happen ;)

Local dealers have to pay shipping too tho... and you'll pay sales tax. Here, it's 8%. Stupid Alabama... I miss Florida. No Income Tax and 6% Sales - and FL has a lottery.

Stupid Alabama.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

I save a little on shipping (when I don't order from my local guy, Len) by having it shipped to my wife's work. She's a shipping/rec. manager for a surgery center here, so I save 5-10$ based on the size of my order.

I laughed when I added 2 Adam's appliques one time and it added $8 shipping to my order.

The shipping is stupid expensive. Nothing we can do about it though. I put a few accessories in my cart that would weigh like 2 lbs total and the shipping charge was just as much as the products!!! I was like, nope, not going to happen. Lol. I'll get them when I place a bigger order.

Yelp, I ordered a 2nd bucket... why no 2 buckets?? weird... its not very ULTIMATE with ONE bucket.

Yup. Slightly odd. Maybe they'll add a second at some point?

I've acquired pretty much all of the products through various purchases minus a couple, but they will be part of the collection soon. Good thing my family has a ton of cars I can use these products on. Lol. Didn't want to spend a grand on my first order, not like any of the products and have to sell everything back to Adams, so I started with the "essentials kit" this summer and have kept adding. Getting a PC for my bday in march so I'll be able to get my SS and Coly (which is swirl and scratch city) corrected along with my dads SS and I'll try to attack my brothers black CTS-V after that. Not sure if I'll be able to get it perfect, but im sure I'll get it a lot better than it is. Then with the BG and Americana it should look real deep and wet.

One thing I have never understood though about the big kits, they only include one bucket...

Adam and the rest swear by the 2 bucket method yet their big kits, other than the junkmans, only have 1 bucket...odd to me.

Yelp, I ordered a 2nd bucket... why no 2 buckets?? weird... its not very ULTIMATE with ONE bucket.

I've got three cars. This amortized over 3 cars makes it pretty reasonable.

I chose Adams b/c I simply couldn't figure out what to order from other manufacturers so I kept on searching. They do not make it easy to order!

I stumbled onto Adams and they make it simple (white pad with white polish) and the passion of the community speaks loud and clear.

The shipping was the hardest thing to stomach...

I bought my first passion car (04 Boxster) recently and it's swirl city. I want to do it justice.

GEorge

Lmafo!!!!

lucky.

I started with the $600 kit 2.5 years ago. (when that was the highest available).

Welcome.... And congrats on taking the red pill.

Adam is morpheus and commands the nebuchadnezzar, dylan is tank and dozer in one person, ashley is trinity and junkman is the oracle.

We are all neo. Altho, sometimes i feel like agent smith.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Lucky.

I started with the $600 kit 2.5 years ago. (when that was the highest available).

Welcome.... and congrats on taking the red pill.

Adam is Morpheus and commands the Nebuchadnezzar, Dylan is Tank and Dozer in one person, Ashley is Trinity and Junkman is the Oracle.

We are all Neo. Altho, sometimes I feel like Agent Smith.

Archived