Customer Service 866.965.0400

anyone try using Adam's on a bowling ball?

NYJets77

Question

12 answers to this question

Seriously. Any downsides?

(BTW: yes, I know my team is a flaming train wreck, so not bringing it up would be greatly appreciated! :willy: )

It's crossed my mind! I actually was thinking of going over the my folks' house and using some Revive and new Quick Sealant on their billiard sticks and balls....seems like it would make sense!

The only thing is on a bowling ball, with all that lane travel and then back through that machine, how do you know the Sealant or Wax isn't getting Munsoned on it's way back?:2thumbs:

It's crossed my mind! I actually was thinking of going over the my folks' house and using some Revive and new Quick Sealant on their billiard sticks and balls....seems like it would make sense!

I will have to give that a try and report back! :cheers:

The only thing is on a bowling ball, with all that lane travel and then back through that machine, how do you know the Sealant or Wax isn't getting Munsoned on it's way back?:2thumbs:

yeah, it might not last that long; maybe 2-3games/1 trip?

actually, i have!

i used SHR and Revive by hand on it once, then WW after and before each use. never attempted any wax though. BG would be interesting on it

i need a new ball, mine's a 16 pounder and its a lil too heavy for me now. i got it when i was a freshman in college shortly after my last season playing football, so i was a tad bit stronger at the time ;)

I personally would not recommend it. I have been bowling for almost ten years now, throw a fourteen pound bowling ball at around 15-18mph, and average between 190-200. I am also a youth coach and was recruited by NSU for bowling but chose not to go. But anyway, using car products on a bowling ball would probably change how it reacts to the lane and oil already on the lane. Plus, if you are bowling in a league or any type of tournament, the ball would be illegal to use because the products are not USBC certified. Yes, it might be the cleanest bowling ball out on the lane, but there are already ball cleaners that are specifically designed for bowling balls and are USBC certified. Just my opinion though. :2thumbs:

Not for a league. Took my son bowling this past week and I haven't cleaned it in awhile. I used to wipe down with a cloth baby diaper that I kept in the bag, and I was thinking of using a microfiber towel; then I started wondering about Adam's.

I may give it try and see how the tracking is...

Yeah, as long as it's not for a league or tournament then try it out! Not saying I am a pro and know all about bowling, by the way lol. It'll make the bowling definitely the shiniest out there. If you just want to get some dirt off though, and not all the oil out of the ball, just wipe it off with some rubbing alcohol on a microfiber towel.

Archived