Customer Service 866.965.0400

Two Questions: Stains on Chrome and brake dust on cleared wheels

90zxdriver

Question

I am trying to clean up a friends Escalade. I know what needs to be done with the paint (and its going to be some work) but my question is the chrome wheels. They have been neglected and really need some help. There is some slight pitting which I know I can't fix but there are some other stains on the chrome. GWC made a dent in it but MP1 & MP2 is what I am going to use to tackle this. I'm not sure what I can use for a applicator that will have some 'bite' to get through the stains and not scratch the chrome. I cleaned my old chrome wheels on my truck with MP1 and a rag but it wasn't cutting through the gunk on them. I ended up using the green part of a sponge with the MP1 and it just ate through the gunk and the wheels looked new. These were my old wheels so I wasn't really worried about scratching them up because they were far from perfect anyway but they after was almost perfect. I'm just a little worried about trying this on wheels that are not mine. I don't want to scratch up my friends wheels. I was wondering if one of those mothers power balls would work (the cone shaped one).

Second Question. Factory 03 BMW 7-series wheels. They have been neglected by the previous owner and have caked on brake dust on them. GWC has done wonders on them but there is still caked on brake dust in the corners of the wheels. Every time I wash them I seem to get a little more off but I just can't seem to get anything in the corners to get the brake dust off (this is why I mate multi-spoke wheels). This is the wheels I am working with.

bmw_wheel_094.jpg

9 answers to this question

escalade: MP1 on 0000 steel wool followed by MP2 on a microfiber applicator or blu hex grip applicator pad! thats four zero's on the steel wool, do not buy 00, or 000!!!

BMW: are you using a boar's hair brush and GWC to scrub the wheels? or are you just spraying off the GWC after it soaks a bit? claying the wheels is another option

Will give the steel wool a go on the Escalade and MP1.

On the BMW I let the GWC soak and then scrubed scrubed and scrubed with a wheel scrub brush (not an Adams brush) and then with an toothbrush. I got a lot of it off but the corners of the spokes are being stubborn and very difficult to get to. I don't think I can get clay in there.

Will give the steel wool a go on the Escalade and MP1.

On the BMW I let the GWC soak and then scrubed scrubed and scrubed with a wheel scrub brush (not an Adams brush) and then with an toothbrush. I got a lot of it off but the corners of the spokes are being stubborn and very difficult to get to. I don't think I can get clay in there.

John, Thats what I was going to suggest a toothbrush & GWC!

Good Luck!

escalade: MP1 on 0000 steel wool followed by MP2 on a microfiber applicator or blu hex grip applicator pad! thats four zero's on the steel wool, do not buy 00, or 000!!!

This steel wool stuff is there a difference between sythinetic and non synthetic?

Can this combo you mentioned also be used to clean a muffler?

Archived