Customer Service 866.965.0400

Winter Time Car Washing

jonnyrt

Question

I live in Canada so hand washing is impossible during the winter months. I always avoid car washes with brushes and rather opt for touch less facilities. However, what are peoples thoughts for pressure washing off salt/grime etc at a neighbor hood self wash followed by waterless wash?? Is there a risk of swirling new paint?

Thanks!

19 answers to this question

Jonathan, I haven't washed my car this winter, but I actually just rinsed any dirt or salt off the car. The car will still be dirty, you wont get a car clean unless you have a washpad to scrubb it down. Even if you use the soap out of the wand at the coin -op, once the car dries, the dirt will still be there.

As per your question will it do any damage to rinse all the crap off..the answer is no. Also, even tho you rinsed all the crud off your car, I would NOT go over it with waterless wash when I got home.

This might be helpful here:

<IFRAME height=360 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-Sv4KthAFTs?rel=0" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Good video.....But I guess you'd have to wait till the coin-op wash is empty.

I've been run out for just drying in a bay instead of out in the sun.

I have more adam's products on the way so I can't wait to try them..

Protection wise if all the salt is off, I guess it would be ok, but I couldn't stand driving a dirty car, I wash my cars 1-3 times a week regardless of the temps or seasons.

Glad to here i'm not the only crazy one. I wash my car after every trip outside the driveway, whether it's 100 degrees out or 5 degress out, I wash my car!

This popped a question into my head. Anyone know if the cigarette lighter has enough juice to power the sidekick to use to dry off my car if I"m at the pressure wash bay?

I don't think so, the Sidekick pulls 8 amps/950 watts.

I have used the high pressure washes before but always take my own bucket soap and wash mitt. Some of the soaps the car washes use can strip wax off that's why I bring my own soap. Dry the truck off bs wash what's left when I get home with Waterless Wash. I have a pressure washer at home now and just use that now but sure do miss warm water at the car washes

I go the pressure wash route at the coin op and then maintain the car weekly with waterless wash and detail spray. I only wash the car with water if we get rain or snow. So far the weather has been great and we are in January and my car has only been pressure washed once. :xfingers:

Chris, I wash mine every week also. I have no garage or even a driveway. I rinse and hand wash with warm water in my Adams buckets and then rinse again with a detail spray dry at the coin operated wash.

Yeah same here: I use the high pressure soap, then spot free rinse at the car wash. Then a 2-bucket hand wash at home if temps and conditions allow. I say conditions because sometimes although above freezing, the alley in the back of my house is still frozen over and there is nowhere for the water to go...

I've done a detail spray wipe down with a MF towel but there is so much left that I can't help but think that swirls like crazy. But sometimes there's a cruise to go to and you do what you gotta do ;)

I would too if I had a heated garage, or even a heated bay for that matter. And trust me, I, myself, cringe every time I look back at my dirty car - especially it being black.

I have only had heat in my garage for about 4 to 5 years, I have been washing my cars 1 to 3 times a week in the winter months at the car wash with a bucket (when it was above freezing) for about 34 yrs.;)

Protection wise if all the salt is off, I guess it would be ok, but I couldn't stand driving a dirty car, I wash my cars 1-3 times a week regardless of the temps or seasons.

I would too if I had a heated garage, or even a heated bay for that matter. And trust me, I, myself, cringe every time I look back at my dirty car - especially it being black.

I know many may cringe at this, but during the winter I normally don't give a single hand wash. I use the pressure washer at the car wash and that's it. I figure if I have a good coat of MSS + Americana I should be good for 3 months...

:fingers crossed:

I know many may cringe at this, but during the winter I normally don't give a single hand wash. I use the pressure washer at the car wash and that's it. I figure if I have a good coat of MSS + Americana I should be good for 3 months...

:fingers crossed:

Archived