Customer Service 866.965.0400

Official 2012 MLB Thread - Wanna talk baseball? Come on in!

Team Adam's

Just saw Crawford is out for 3 months too.... maybe the Angels and BoSox can go heads up to see who is more pathetic this season, I'm sure the Phils will want in on the action as well. :loser:

I think we're more pathetic. :help:

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just going by how many games the Sox have blown. It's one thing to lose all your games, but to lose when you should have won is a whole new level of disappointment. Back on Easter they had two blown saves, in the same game. :willy:

I'm just going by how many games the Sox have blown. It's one thing to lose all your games, but to lose when you should have won is a whole new level of disappointment. Back on Easter they had two blown saves, in the same game. :willy:

Big deal. The Rangers did that in the World Series.

Big deal. The Rangers did that in the World Series.

If we want to talk about last year, you have to admit that the Sox's September was pretty much the definition of epic fail. :loser:

As a side note, I'm not sure why we're arguing over which one of us has the worst team. It's usually the other way around. :lol:

If we want to talk about last year, you have to admit that the Sox's September was pretty much the definition of epic fail. :loser:

As a side note, I'm not sure why we're arguing over which one of us has the worst team. It's usually the other way around. :lol:

And the Sox start last year is what I keep pointing to for the Halo fans still saying "its a long season" ask last years boston team if they wish they could've started by winning just 1 or 2 more of those first 10 games. It would've been them in the post season and not Tampa.

Sure 162 games is a lot, but in the end, you don't want to be on the outside looking in at the end, especially when the difference could've been just a few early games.

If we want to talk about last year, you have to admit that the Sox's September was pretty much the definition of epic fail.

I would never presume to try to "out misery" a Sox fan. New England has a long and glorious history of epic failures. However - the pain should be a bit tempered for you considering '04 and '07.

You must admit - what happened with the Rangers in the 2011 WS was right up there with Bucky Bleeping Dent and Aaron Bleeping Boone. Not to mention Mookie Wilson.

In fact - we will always refer to him as David Freaking Freeze.

I would never presume to try to "out misery" a Sox fan. New England has a long and glorious history of epic failures. However - the pain should be a bit tempered for you considering '04 and '07.

Funny enough, unlike the pink hats that have only supported the Sox since their World Series wins, my love for the team has actually gone down since then. Maybe it's just because it only seems like there are a few players left that are there for the love of the game, and everything else just seems too commercialized. I guess you could say that about all professional sports these days, and that it's not about the game anymore, but about the business. Either way I'll give you Rangers fans last year, because as a New Englander I know that feeling all too well. :cheers:

The Tigers just released Brandon Inge. Love that guy....

He had only two hits so far in the season and he had to go. They should have let him go at Spring Training but didn't.

He gets paid alot of money to play and he sure wasn't showing that he was worth it.

My 7yr old grandson could probably beat Inge's stats this year. :lol::2thumbs::lol:

Jacoby and Carl out now. Nice reminds me of 2k11. Awesome. Captain Eyebrows is still the manager, and I anticipate the team quitting on him in 3...2......1.

For the Rox...no bullpen, no rotation. DeLaRosa starts his rehab stint this week, and IMO that is GREAT NEWS.

Stupid Doyers!

He had only two hits so far in the season and he had to go. They should have let him go at Spring Training but didn't.

He gets paid alot of money to play and he sure wasn't showing that he was worth it.

My 7yr old grandson could probably beat Inge's stats this year. :lol::2thumbs::lol:

I didn't say it wasn't justified. I was just saying that I was sorry to see him go. He's been a solid player for the Tigers for a long time. He changed position like I change socks - anything for the team. He was never a "tools" guy but he always seemed to play above his skill level - especially when it counted.

Oh, and the Tigers will still have to pay the rest of his contract - whether he plays for them or not. Gotta love those MLB contracts!

Angels announce Jordan Walden demoted to setup, Scott Downs temporary closer.

Makes me happy! Jordan "the Arsonist" Walden hasn't done much more than burn the house down this year while Downs has a 0.00 era in a good amount of work so far.

Hopefully that keeps some of these small leads intact.

Nothing good every happens after midnight... why do pro athletes put themselves in these situations?

After being around a few minor league teams with players who are currently in the majors lets just say that there is a reason the players don't get the ballpark till the early afternoon.

Once again... Weaver pitches a 6 inning shutout... team only musters 2 runs against a guy with an era north of 6. Bullpen comes in and burns the house down... Angels lose 3-2. This team is really killing my love for the game at the moment.

On the bright side we released Abreu and his $9m option that we should have NEVER picked up and called Trout (#1 prospect) up. Hopefully he sparks something for us.

The Nats are bringing up Bryce Harper and he's making his MLB debut this weekend in LA. And I'm going to be at Dodger Stadium Sunday. Pretty exciting for this baseball rat.

Full scouting report will follow next week. Is he worth the hype?

The Nats are bringing up Bryce Harper and he's making his MLB debut this weekend in LA. And I'm going to be at Dodger Stadium Sunday. Pretty exciting for this baseball rat.

Full scouting report will follow next week. Is he worth the hype?

Absolutely. He's been compared to hamilton when he was younger. I still remember watching his YouTube videos from when he was taking bp at tropicana field at 15... Still impressed by that.

The Angels released abreu and are bringing up trout. Starting to get desperate out there in LA. Can't say all of us didn't see this coming and I'm sure the trade value for him was next to nothing. Maybe the red sox pick him up though since they are thin in the outfield.

Absolutely. He's been compared to hamilton when he was younger. I still remember watching his YouTube videos from when he was taking bp at tropicana field at 15... Still impressed by that.

He didn't do much in the game we saw at Dodger Stadium but he sure LOOKS like a ball player.

He made a very good catch against the center field wall. Later he threw from shallow center to home and it was a bit offline and not really even close. I'm not sure a perfect throw would have gotten the out.

Anyway - good afternoon at Chavez Ravine. Place has changed a bit in the last 30 years but still has it's old charms. Good crowd - but most of them were only interested in the beach balls and shouting "MVP" every time Kemp came to the plate.

The Angels released abreu and are bringing up trout. Starting to get desperate out there in LA. Can't say all of us didn't see this coming and I'm sure the trade value for him was next to nothing. Maybe the red sox pick him up though since they are thin in the outfield.

Wasn't so much trade value as it was his contract... last year our craptastic GM allowed him to get enough AB's for his $9m option to vest. Good riddance to Tony Reigans!!

No one was going to take Bobby on for that money, hes simply not worth that much anymore. The deal earlier in the season where he'd be sent to Cleveland fell apart when Cleveland wanted the Halos to pay $7 of the $9m owed... just not worth it.

I just wish Bobby would've accepted that his skills were on the decline and be happy to be a platoon guy this year, but the constant barking to newspapers about how the team didn't respect him and he didn't trust them to give him AB's was becoming clubhouse cancer... when its going bad the last thing you need is a guy peeing in the pool.

Plus, Trout has so much upside it was silly to keep an aging Abreu on the roster and have him rot away in the minors. When they brought him up he was batting north of .400 in AAA. :willy:

Interesting article on the new Miami ballpark...

Miami Marlins using sunlamps to cure brown turf - The Denver Post

I am also watching the Showtime version of NFL Hard Knocks for the MLB...so happens to be the Marlins. Ozzie is awesome.

Seeing The Toddfather bust a PH Jimmy Jack Grandslam two days ago in the bottom of the 8th to tie, and then seeing the Rox go on to lose that game in extras really hurt. Good to see the Red Sox on a tear! Now if they could just fire/trample/erase that Valentine and his gawdawful eyebrows.