Customer Service 866.965.0400

New car what to use ?

BlazinSS934

Question

Fairly new to Adams I only have cleaning products from them. Car shampoo APC GWC assorted microfiber towels.

I just bought a Nissan Altima in jet black and I want to get an early jump on protecting the paint. Wondering if a quick pass of clay then quick sealant and Americana would work good

18 answers to this question

The car is very clean and the Baggie test was smooth there is some slight orange peel looking spot on the trunk lid. I am not really looking for a full show piece I just want to keep it looking nice. Nothing beats a black paint job all wet and glossy hahah it's my wife's daily driver

The car is very clean and the Baggie test was smooth there is some slight orange peel looking spot on the trunk lid. I am not really looking for a full show piece I just want to keep it looking nice. Nothing beats a black paint job all wet and glossy hahah it's my wife's daily driver

More than likely you're going to need FMP and possibly SHR.

I am a little leery about using a porter cable on brand new paint. I'll snap some pics tomorrow. Are Adams hand polishes ok for PC use or should I get Machine polishes and use them by hand. I have a buddy who has a pc and I need machine my Trailblazer so I kinda want to

Buy polish to do both

I am a little leery about using a porter cable on brand new paint. I'll snap some pics tomorrow. Are Adams hand polishes ok for PC use or should I get Machine polishes and use them by hand. I have a buddy who has a pc and I need machine my Trailblazer so I kinda want to

Buy polish to do both

It may not be "brand new" if the dealer washed it. My dealer installed swirls on my new car. I am going to have to correct their mistake. At least the dealership reimbursed me for the cost of my Porter Cable accessory kit.

youll learn on this forum the porter cable is extremely easy to learn, especially with the videos and very safe. If you are worried, hand polishing is always an option, just will take much longer, but is also cheaper. After you give here a nice clean sometimes the glazes and fillers will come off the car and your true paint defects will become evident as well.

Thanks for all the support so far. I think in going to hand polish this car and use my buddies pc on my trailblazer. The TBSS is white and has some nasty oxidized water spot on the roof I guess A full weekend of work is in order need this damn weather to break

Sal,

Good luck with your new car. You are better served to Machine Polish your car. It's pretty close to impossible to mess up your paint with a PC---all you need is patience and common sense.

I say this because you have black paint. IF you are trying to remove any swirls, water spots, dealer bonuses :lol:, then you Will need a machine to correct that, as the polish won't break down or flash properly without being up at machined speeds.

Mook hit the nail on the head.

To your original question... if you just want it protected then yes, laying down quick sealant followed by Americana would be the way to go after the cars been cleaned.

If you're looking to address the minor 'dealer bonuses' as Mook pointed out, then a machine will be in order and don't worry, the PC is very user friendly and short of taking and beating your new car theres not a risk of damage if you follow the directions.

I can understand not being sure about making that leap, so you can always place an order for QS and Americana now, go ahead and do that process. If you find you want to tackle paint correction later theres nothing that says you can't start over with the PC. The sealant and wax will still be used in that process as well.

aefc06aa-38b1-d705.jpg

6c36e9f0-38d1-3e8d.jpg

Well The proof is in the pudding lol

Here she is all washed, clayed and waxed.

I did a strip wash with shampoo and a splash of APC followed up with some clay bar action. I used 3M fine clay that I bought at the Body shop supply house pretty decent stuff with DS. Re washed with shampoo DS wipe down while drying. Used 1:1 APC on the tires wheels and wheel wells SVRT on all the trim and tires. Waxed it with Buttery Wax and the Hex grip applicator. I love how the wax went on and came off so effortlessly. Love the shampoo and my wife love APC and the detail spray this is awesome. I also sealed the windshield. I can't believe I waited this long to join the Adams Brotherhood

Love the shampoo and my wife love APC and the detail spray this is awesome. I also sealed the windshield.

My wife likes the stuff too (especially when I use it to clean her car :D). I keep a bottle of Glass Cleaner, APC, and Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner in the house for cleaning. And DS works great on stainless steel and on TV/computer screens.

Well here's is alittle unfortunate update

6c1b137d-0b39-a2ab.jpg

6c1b137d-0b53-b982.jpg

Somebody blew a stop sign and took my wife's car out argh.

Car has 2800 miles on it. My wife was so mad because she liked driving around in a spotless black car. Her back is a lil banged up my cousin was in the front seat and has bad bruising from the seat belt and a pinched nerve in her arm. My little guy was in the rear passenger position and his car seat didn't move an inch.

Lady ran the stop sign at like 20-25 mph

It was a residential side street and my wife had nowhere to swerve to avoid this

Looks like a hood bumper cover fender control arm strut axle wheel bearing. This car took a good hit and kept my family safe. Kudos for Nissan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The old saying " that will buff out "" ha ha

When I drive this thing 60390b22-4ff8-5fa5.jpg

And hit something , I use this

60390b22-50d2-88bd.jpg

12 pound sledge and a 36" halligan pro bar

I drilled a tree backing up at a brush fire and that came in handy fixing the rear step and bumper made out of diamond plate

Looking at 7-8000 in damage to my wife's car and at least a month to fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk