Customer Service 866.965.0400

Carpet Stain Question

LowNslo

Question

I did some research and couldn't come up with a solution without ordering some stuff online. I have a customer that has some koolaid spots and coffee stains on the floor of her 06 camry. He had another "Detailer" try it and couldn't get it out using their cleaner, which I am sure is reslove or something similar.

I have had some experience with koolaid and the Adam's carpet cleaner and while it works on some pretty harsh stuff, it just won't cut it on the koolaid. You can go back and forth like a argument for 30 minutes and it doesn't change, but thats why its not called jesus in a bottle.

So now my question, where do you get carpet dye, keeping in mind this customer is getting ready to sell this vehicle so it doesn't need to be perfect, just wants the bad stuff gone. Anywhere local? or online that is cheap and easy to use?

thanks in advance!

9 answers to this question

I;d do a search online for the exact color name of the carpet, then see if there is a color code.

WIth that color code it may be possible to have a paint store match the color? Then you put the color into a spray bottle and mist the area and blend the new "paint"?

Could be good or bad advice, just thought about what if they fibers get stuck together.

Someone else chime in :(

Sub'd!

I will say though, that if anyone has blood they need to get rid of, Oxy Clean Max force LITERALLY makes it disappear. It's the coolest thing ever and it happens almost instantly.

Ok, I just read this ^^^ and it looks like I'm covering something up. I found this out because I trimmed my dogs nails and hit a vessel. I tried this method and it literally vanishes.

Chris

Sub'd!

I will say though, that if anyone has blood they need to get rid of, Oxy Clean Max force LITERALLY makes it disappear. It's the coolest thing ever and it happens almost instantly.

Chris

hmmmmmm so what do you do in your spare time? Mafia?

if its a red stain id try the product menitoned in this link called Red Medic. I havent tried it but just a suggestion. http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/junkmans-corner/13606.htm

Good luck trying to get the product if you don't have a dealer near you though. I called them after talking with AJ, and the old guy on the phone asked where I lived...I told him and he said the dealer near me shut down and the closest was about an hour away. I asked him if I could just buy it from him and pay for shipping, he said sorry you'll have to go through a dealer to get it. Bwahaha, ok. So I tried the dawn+steamer+CUC combo and eventually got it out after an hour of steaming over a white towel.

I don't know what the stain was, organic, non-organic, etc. IDK.

He didn't want my money, but that was just my experience.

Good luck trying to get the product if you don't have a dealer near you though. I called them after talking with AJ, and the old guy on the phone asked where I lived...I told him and he said the dealer near me shut down and the closest was about an hour away. I asked him if I could just buy it from him and pay for shipping, he said sorry you'll have to go through a dealer to get it. Bwahaha, ok. So I tried the dawn+steamer+CUC combo and eventually got it out after an hour of steaming over a white towel.

I don't know what the stain was, organic, non-organic, etc. IDK.

He didn't want my money, but that was just my experience.

That's actually admirable. They have dealers and they don't want to compete against them. I'm surprised the dealer wouldn't ship to you though.

Chris

If its anything red, like wine, take a white towel , spray the spot with Windex, it's important that is has ammonia.

Our a little on the spot, not spray, take an iron that you use to iron clothes, wet the towel well, pit it over the spot, put the iron over the towel for a couple of Mintues , remove the rag and you'll be surprised what you see on the towel, the white towel is now red, rinse and repeat until its gone, trust me, it will be gone.

Works wonders to remove gum, like magic:)

then use a good carpet cleaner to get the rest of it out

Note, not recommend to use on your seats, I never tried it so you have been warned:)

Kevin