Customer Service 866.965.0400

'Always ready' foaming solution

mc2hill

Question

I was getting ready the use my Adam's foam gun this morning and thought 'hey, you have a gallon container of Car Wash mixed at wash strength (http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/tips-tricks/4606.htm), why not do the same for the foamer'! So I filled an empty Car Wash Shampoo gallon jug with 96 oz of water and 18 oz of Adam's Car Wash Shampoo (per Dylan's recommendation of 32 oz to 6-8 oz of shampoo). If I want thicker foam I can add a little more shampoo to the foam gun canister.

premixedCarWash006.jpg

premixedCarWash008.jpg

Guest washemup

2 oz in the foam gun. 1/4 cup is same amount if you have a measuring cup for your first use. Mark your bottle with a sharpie having the bottle sit on a level surface after filling with 2oz.

After you add water up to the top, screw the top on and be sure to swirl the solution around really well, until the color is consistent. The Blue Shampoo is very concentrated.

The amount of foam you will get will depend on your water pressure and metering tip used. Nice haul on the mystery box!

The gallon shampoo size is a better value for future purchases of shampoo. The lubricity of this soap will impress you.

EDIT:  Oh I just realized your wanting to mix the new in bulk, lol. Just add 10oz of soap to the gallon jug and fill with water.

Edited by washemup

Glad you did.  I like the premix idea and might do it.  I have also been considering going to a pump to see if 1 pump equals a certain amount. Right now my squeeze into the foam gun and onto the wash mitt for the bucket seems to be excessive. I need to figure out what I am doing

Okay, maybe I was thinking the red pumps on the small bottles.  Thanks, John!

That is correct sir. The 16oz red pumps were ~.25oz per pump. I don't have any of the red pumps, wish I did sometimes but the new red pull tops pretty much make up for that. 

Fantastic idea!! Looking at the old car shampoo gallon and the 36 oz bottle with the foaming sprayer, I look back at the big picture and see how much Adams has really come along over the years. So we learned a new method and we got to see some throwback. No to shabby!

With all the new foam gun threads showing I thought I would give this thread another bump.  

If you find yourself using the Foam Gun often, save some time by pre-mixing the solution.  Then you just shake up the solution, pout it in the gun, and foam away! 

With all the new foam gun threads showing I thought I would give this thread another bump.  

If you find yourself using the Foam Gun often, save some time by pre-mixing the solution.  Then you just shake up the solution, pout it in the gun, and foam away! 

seems like someone would've have chimed in if this was a problem--but there's no degradation of the quality of the soap with protracted dilution?   i don't know why it would be, but i'm not chemist

seems like someone would've have chimed in if this was a problem--but there's no degradation of the quality of the soap with protracted dilution?   i don't know why it would be, but i'm not chemist

I store diluted chemicals for months...No issues...just shake it up before use. I use distilled water.

Good question!  I have not had any issues with the pre-mixed solution after being stored for over a year, but maybe our resident chemist Dave (BRZN) will respond.