Customer Service 866.965.0400

HLR - Headlight Lens Restoral - Gravel blasted Corvette C6 lenses

Holy crap!!!!! Nice job!!

I still can't believe those lights are worth 10 grand

As I read the OP, the lights don't cost 10 grand but were part of the total damage. The two main lights for the C6 vette retail for just over $1000 each. Not sure what the fog lights retail for. This cost is just for the parts and doesn't include the labor to loosen the front quarter panel, remove the front bumper, swap out the headlights and then reattach the bumper and tighten the quarter panel while making sure the panels are all aligned properly. Not just a 10 minute swap!

As I read the OP, the lights don't cost 10 grand but were part of the total damage. The two main lights for the C6 vette retail for just over $1000 each. Not sure what the fog lights retail for. This cost is just for the parts and doesn't include the labor to loosen the front quarter panel, remove the front bumper, swap out the headlights and then reattach the bumper and tighten the quarter panel while making sure the panels are all aligned properly. Not just a 10 minute swap!

The front is called a fender and the rear is the quarter panel.

Thank you so much to all of you out there on the Adams Forums for chiming in. I hope what I showed you all really gives you an idea of what it takes to provide a quality Headlight Lens Restoral. So many out there just do a quick scuff and buff or choose to use "Sounds to good to be true" over the counter DIY products. To do this right it is a very complex job, between resurfacing correctly and using the proper type of coating. But at the same time it can be a very profitable and useful service for this headlight lens failure epidemic.

This is Headlight surgery not restoration lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Great terminology, almost like Lasik, thanks!

This isn't just a 15 minute headlight polishing but a true restoration job! Very nice!! :bow:

Most definitley true, something I can put my name on and a guarantee, thank you!

:lurk:--"True professional" Not done until satisfied, I DiG it :thumbsup:

Thanks Frank, its what I believe to have a happy customer.

niceee, was that mineral spirits and spar urethane used on the fogs?

No it was not, its a product specific for polycarbonates

And folks that know me say I'm a tad but anal about the "detail" of things. They need to read this. Big props to you and your diligence.

DX on too many different ROMs to keep updating my signature - via Tapatalk

Thank you so much for the kind words....:)

:drool:

:glasses:

:jawdrop::king:

Thank you I appreciate this!

that far surpasses my experience level of HLR!!! if something like this ever happens to me, i know who to call!!!

bookmarking this thread now...

If I can ever assist you let me know, I have clients that ship me lenses from across the nation all the time for my HLR services.

Stunning work! If I had a Vette I'd purchase these asap. This really makes me reconsider offering a plain old HLR service. Great food for thought. Thanks.

They were definitley a good buy, especially for that track Vette. Plain old HLR services are a dime a dozen and not worth the time. Out here on CL all day long guys doing them for $30 per set.....ah no thanks. Unltimatley they will fail again if not recoated....Just my experience!

you should tell the owner to insert a link to this thread in his ebay ad to show how thorough the restoration was... or not and sell them as "practically" new in box :lol:

They sold on the Corvette Forum immediately! great idea!

Damn you sure do have some high standards all right. But you do a fine job!

Guess I am just a bit picky and I like to deliver a product that I myself would buy....And I thank you for the kind words..

absolutely amazing!

Thanks a whole lot!

Man had to strip that sucker two extra times. You are dedicated for sure!

Amazing work

Thank you, 2 times was a charm, it had to be done to get them right

wow great wright up and job

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it!

What did you end up coating the lenses in?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Coating for these since no wipe on or spray on did the job was a UV Synthetic Sealant. It was the only way to deliver them as clear and smmoth as they were.

Simply amazing...that's one hell of lens restoration

Thank you for the kindness, I am glad you enjoyed my post!

Thank you again to everyone who posted and viewed!

Archived