Customer Service 866.965.0400

Does Green Wheel Cleaner strip wax/sealant??

Chase@InsanePaint

Question

13 answers to this question

i would assume its the same type stuff as the APC but forumlated for painted, chromed, or polished wheels. As far as protection goes, I would say keep adding after using the wheel cleaner. In your situation, the wheel cleaner wouldn't need to be used every time unless you have brake dust baked on and the wheels are really dirty. You keep yours clean and protected so I would say use the GWC when you are applying any protection to your paint, and include your wheels in the process.

If you think of your Sealant or Wax in terms of it starting to die the second you apply it, probably a little bit.

I have been using just Car Shampoo in a special bucket for the wife's 6 and my SS since I applied QS to the wheels. I don't really have or haven't yet had a need on my own stuff since applying it, to grab the GWC.

I'd say somewhere in between APC and Car Shampoo in means of product degradation here.

I know the "other" brand that I use that's yellow and turns red takes a bunch of applications to strip the Quick Sealant of wheels.

I would say just try it Chase, and you'll be able to see by the beading degradation how long for sure it lasts. I would say too many variables for a definitive answer. What's the worst that could happen...you have to re-apply it a little more often? No sweat.

Since your a super anal dude anyway (compliment), then just use the foaming car wash soap and lug nut brush and it will last even longer.

-D

+1 with Mook. Basically, if you are on a regular wash cycle and your wheels have already been cleaned and sealed/waxed, then the next time you wash, you might be able to get them perfectly clean with just Car Shampoo and a dedicated wash mitt/pad/towel. I've been getting my 'vette's wheels brilliantly clean with just Shampoo and my Wheel Brush. :thumbsup:

+1 like 07RS4 said.

Always start light and then move up to more heavy cleaning methods. IE: bring a knife to a knife fight not an AK.

What movie am I thinking of now?

"Just like an Italian...bringing a knife to a gunfight."

:lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

Same one where he says Enthusiams to the point it makes me lol.

What movie am I thinking of now?

"Just like an Italian...bringing a knife to a gunfight."

:lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

Same one where he says Enthusiams to the point it makes me lol.

The Untouchables. Sean Connery.

Archived