Customer Service 866.965.0400

Need advice on where to start...

GothamEMS

Question

I ordered a new polishing kit that came with, severe swirl remover (green), haze and swirl remover (orange), fine machine polish (white) and machine super wax (gray), with all the coroonding pads.

I have a 2008 Candy Apple Mustang GT which has been garaged for 5 years, bought in 07, and has seen water only from the hose. I just installed new lighting in my garage and noticed extreamly minor swirl marks throughout the paint, I'm assuming from washing.

My question is, should I start with the fine machine polish (white) to see if that corrects my paint, or start with the swirl and haze remover first (orange)?...I haven't even considered the severe swirl remover.

I have a Meguires G110v2 DA. Thanks for any input!

9 answers to this question

Always, Always, Always do the least aggressive method to get the results you are looking for. This will be preached forever.

Do a small area that has noticeable swirls (I prefer a flat up panel like the hood or trunk) and use FMP on the white pad in a 2x2 area. If you are not happy with the results do another set of passes on it. If you are still not happy with the correction then step up to orange and swirl and haze.

Like Davidg said, start off by taping off a 2'x2' area and polish with the least agressive method possible. Start with the fine machine polish and white pad. Work it in until it flashes and wipe off. If it didnt work jump to swirl and haze remover.

Thanks guys, I was pretty sure the most appropriate thing to do was to start with the fine machine polish, the least aggressive polish first, based on what I've researched. I just wanted to confirm this with some reliable knowledgeable folks in real time before I started. Thanks for the info and the warm welcome to the forum!!!!

Well...I received my first Adam's products today, I ordered more stuff today too. Anyway, I was very impressed! All of the products we're packaged very well, polishes and wax was capped with a red plug, even the box the products were shipped in was quality! Well, first of 4 days off in the AM, so hopefully, weather permitting, I will be tackling my first detail job....

:pc:

Archived