Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cadillac SRX

Dreamworkz

Just wondering if anyone knows much about them or have had any experiences with these vehicles. I am currently looking at a 2008 fully loaded SRX with Nav, V6, Chrome (I think 20") stock wheels, etc. It's exactly what I am looking for Black on Black.

I was looking at Trailbalzer SS's but I can't justify the MPG. My wife drives a Tahoe Z71 and if I got that TBSS we would both have gas guzzling hogs again, and I'm trying to get rid of my truck.

Any info would be great. I hope to go and test drive the one this weekend.

Also, if you know of any good mid size SUV's that get decent MPG under 20k let me know of them and what you think.

Thanks guys.

The SRX is a nice car (The new ones are even nicer). My wife and I looked at one before we decided on a Tahoe. Its on the same platform as the CTS and does not feel like and SUV at all when driving it.

But the SRX is rated at 14 City 22 Highway which is not very spectacular. The TBSS does not get much less than tht (Mook is getting 15/19)

So if you really want the TBSS your not going to save that much money if you go with the SRX

I was never a huge fan of it, but we had one here for our President. He never had any issues with it though. Just didn't do anything for me looks wise. I'd rather have something else.

Do you NEED another SUV or will a larger car work? Car's almost always get better MPG due to less mass pushing through the air.

Chris

For me right now I would like a mid size SUV due to the fact of the winters here in MN. I would love to have a car, but the next car I am probably going to buy (which won't be for awhile) would either be G8 GT, WRX STi, or a Supra. The car would be a project car my wife and I.

Since I'm trying to get rid of my truck which I use for detailing, a mid size SUV would still work pretty well. I am still tossing around the idea of a TBSS, but trying to find one that I like for the right price with decently lower miles is pretty tough, unless Mook would like to sell me his for the right price lol.

my wife drives a 2011 SRX. she had a 2006 SRX before that. the 2008 is a great year, because it had a redesigned interior, and was the last year of the 1st generation. one of the only complaints we had with my wife's older one was the seats were a little too firm and the interior was full of plastic. they changed the interior in 2007 which was 10 steps up above the previous models. 2009 was the first year of the new generations. IMHO the newer ones are a lot nicer, but sometimes i wish it had that northstar V8 the 1st generations had (or even an LS-A :)).

Wife and I test drove it today. We liked it but it did have a few issues that had concerns (needs new tires badly, few of the interior pieces were broke, needs an alignment, there's a weird clunking sound in the front end when turning.) I know it's not a new car but if I plan on spending $22k on a vehicle, I do not want to put more money into it. The ride was nice, it's comfortable, and my son with his car seat fit good. So I do have a few things to think about.

Also, I have been looking at Buick Enclaves and the Saturn Vue Redlines.

I drive a jeep srt8, huge 6.1 motor and ive seen 15 mpg, thats pretty close to the mpg of the srx haha. A car I really like is what my mom has now, 2008 lincoln MKX. She bought it new and its been a great car, shes almost at 90k miles now. Think she averages 21mpg which isnt bad, and i didnt like the style at first but it grew on me, the inside of that car is amazing and very comfortable. Made a few 5+ hour trips in it with 5 hockey guys and it worked out fine. just an idea, especially if your lookign for better mpg.

What about the Chevy Equinox? Though definitely not as nice as the SRX, they're still pretty nice IMO. I haven't test drove one personally, but they're supposed to get pretty good MPG as well (32 highway?).

Wife and I test drove it today. We liked it but it did have a few issues that had concerns (needs new tires badly, few of the interior pieces were broke, needs an alignment, there's a weird clunking sound in the front end when turning.) I know it's not a new car but if I plan on spending $22k on a vehicle, I do not want to put more money into it. The ride was nice, it's comfortable, and my son with his car seat fit good. So I do have a few things to think about.

if that was my first impression, i would pass on it! tell the salesman to call you when its fixed. don't go on their word they will fix things after you buy it! did it have a 3rd row? if you have kids i highly recommend you looking for a SUV with a 3rd row! Enclaves are really nice and seat 7. if your dead set on a GM, you might find a nice GMC Acadia as well. its the same platform as the Enclave and Chevy Traverse

Ours Vue is a Redline and I like it a lot. You can check out some pictures of both interior and exterior her http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3250158/2008-saturn-vue (this was before I started using Adams product, not the Paint looks even better. I fall in love with the color every time I was it)

'08 was the first year of the new body style, which was only made until middle of '10.

I had my eyes on an '08 Vue Red Line but the day I was going to test drive it they sold it. I'm still looking for a Red Line, but sure are hard to find. I also am still looking at SRX's and hopefully going to test drive 2 tomorrow. One is silver, sport package, nav, 20" wheels. The other is pearl white, nav, DVD in headrests. Both have the fold down third row and the V6.

The only thing that with them that bothers me is, I have been reading up on them and heard that they have a timing chain issue.

Dream Workz Auto Detailing using Tapatalk

Archived