Customer Service 866.965.0400

strip wash/sealant question

ridgetd

Question

12 answers to this question

Glass sealant is different than clear coat sealant. A strip wash might degrade the glass sealant to a minor degree but should not completely remove it. I usually reapply glass sealant for good measure after a strip wash but it's usually evident that the sealant is still present after a rinse.

I too have found that what works for a strip wash for wax will not remove the glass sealant. I have spent much time trying to remove the glass sealant but the one time I tried IPA wipedown seemed to work ok, but it took a few attempts to remove it and any streaking. The glass sealant seems to be very tough stuff! :)

Glass sealant is different than clear coat sealant. A strip wash might degrade the glass sealant to a minor degree but should not completely remove it. I usually reapply glass sealant for good measure after a strip wash but it's usually evident that the sealant is still present after a rinse.

I agree, I would re apply!

I too have found that what works for a strip wash for wax will not remove the glass sealant. I have spent much time trying to remove the glass sealant but the one time I tried IPA wipedown seemed to work ok, but it took a few attempts to remove it and any streaking. The glass sealant seems to be very tough stuff! :)

It has 10x the active ingredient of the leading store brand glass sealer... it is VERY tough stuff! To the OP... Ryan said it best, a strip wash will degrade, but not remove it completely. Especially a fresh application.

Since you'll be detailing anyways I'd finish the glass off with another coat of glass sealant... that will more than offset any degradation to the first coat. :2thumbs:

Used APC in my wash and the sealer still works great,have not used my wipers since I put it on.Never had any luck with glass till now.The Adams glass cleaner has impressed me every time I use it.I can get my windows absolutely spotless now.

It has 10x the active ingredient of the leading store brand glass sealer... it is VERY tough stuff! To the OP... Ryan said it best, a strip wash will degrade, but not remove it completely. Especially a fresh application.

Since you'll be detailing anyways I'd finish the glass off with another coat of glass sealant... that will more than offset any degradation to the first coat. :2thumbs:

So Dylan, if we were to want to strip the glass sealant, what would be the best method? (Just out of curiousity for the future)

Archived