Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rode the Schwinn to Work Today!

Adam

Can you believe it was 65 degrees when I hopped on the bike at 8:30AM here in Colorado? Early March, our snowiest month? Man, what a wonderful feeling to ride a 1964 Schwinn King Size American with a 2-speed Bendix 'Kick Back' hub this morning.

I've been a sloth all winter, void of just about any form of exercise....it's about time!

Mario was out front and snapped a cell phone pic:

WhooHooooo!!!!!:banana:

I think I may have to go for a little top down drive today. Where should I go? hmmm... car wash perhaps. (water only)

Saturday should be great too. 58 and sunny for the Purifoy clinic.

Mook, thanks for the buzz kill.:loser:

Adam I'm VERY jealous! First off that you live so close to work, second off that because your outside temperature this morning was warmer than my inside office. This will be a full week without heat in the office. I used to work in a shop at a dealership and in a warehouse before this office job and even our warehouse is warmer than our office space! It was 52 inside this morning!!! :willy:

I'm going to say you probably have less than a 10 mile commute to work. I'm working on 53 miles one way. I can't wait to move closer!!! Hopefully this year! :xfingers:

This will be a full week without heat in the office. I used to work in a shop at a dealership and in a warehouse before this office job and even our warehouse is warmer than our office space! It was 52 inside this morning!!! :willy:

What was the outside temperature? I take it that the furnace/boiler is out of order (waiting on a part).

I'm going to say you probably have less than a 10 mile commute to work. I'm working on 53 miles one way. I can't wait to move closer!!! Hopefully this year! :xfingers:

Well I was going 58 miles one way on my prior job (new location the old location was 34 one way).

Matt you should call OSHA. :lol:

If I did that I'm sure my employer would tell me that if I didn't like it I should just quit.

What was the outside temperature? I take it that the furnace/boiler is out of order (waiting on a part).

Well I was going 58 miles one way on my prior job (new location the old location was 34 one way).

Outside temp was in the high 30's. You're right we are waiting on a part that is on backorder. The bad thing is they don't know when it is going to be available!:willy:

If I did that I'm sure my employer would tell me that if I didn't like it I should just quit.

Or make an anonymous call to the labor board. There are rules in place so that you aren't supposed to work in conditions that mirror the Chinese.

It's your right as an employee.

Mook

The Schwinn bikes typically get a clay, Swirl & Haze Remover, and Revive Polish when they end up at our shop, and you can't believe how well that old Chicago paint holds up, nearly 50 years later!

The chrome get's hit with #0000 steel wool, doused in 50% Metal Polish #1, and 50% Metal Polish #2. Comes up like new dimes!

This has been an interesting winter, to say the least. Three storms, each have dumped 3' of snow, and now, riding a bike to work.

They say if you don't like the weather here, wait for 20 minutes, and it will change. 'They' are correct!

:D

72º for a high here yesterday, and the day before I was shoveling the walk at work and it was 15º and my fingers were freezing. WTH? In IA they say wait 5 minutes... Amazing...

Chris

Drizzle and COLD this morning! You guys should have seen Adam yesterday afernoon! Dude was decked out like a full on bike racer! HELMET and all.

Not what I saw at all today. No helmets. No warmth. Just water beading up on the hood as I drove to and from the warehouse.

But the weekend looks great. :drool:

This has been an interesting winter, to say the least. Three storms, each have dumped 3' of snow, and now, riding a bike to work.

:D

We had over 90 inches of snow last winter, less that 9 inches this winter :lolsmack:

Archived