Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's at Grabiak Annual Detail Clinic & Auto Show - PA - Apr 28, 2012

Guest Sarah@Adams

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say Thank-you to everyone that attended the Dinner and the Detail Clinic and Show. It looked like it was going to rain, and much to my suprise, we ran out of parking!! A number of people said if it would have been sunny, we were in trouble for parking. I guess that is a good problem to have. Go figure, there are a lot of "Adam Maniac's" out there!! We estimated about 300-325 visitors!!

I appreciate Adam taking time out of his busy schedule, fly in just for the dinner and to say Hello, admirable Adam. I hope all went well in Bowling Green.

Lynn and AJ were awesome as well, I had a number of people that came up to me thanking us for having such professionals answer their questions. This was Lynn's second trip to our store but the third time working with our Grabiak Team, and I have people who really enjoy talking to her and asking her questions.

Also, quick side note, we increased the Roast Beef by 10 lbs. and still ran out!! Some hungry people.

Finally, I would also welcome any response or suggestions for future Clinic's. I wish I could have the time to "sit down" and see all that is going on during the Clinic, but if you noticed, I could only take a few steps at a time before someone else had me cornered, lol.

Again, Thank-you from all of us here at Grabiak Chevrolet and Grabiak Performance Center, we always appreciate your business and support!!

:patriot:

Ray Sossong

Well Ray again thanks for hosting this event it was great time as usual and I can't wait for next year. Some suggestions i have though would be to set up more then one station and let people go from station to station. Eric Thompson had it set up that way last year at the clinic near Harrisburg and I think it worked really well. They had three stations a wash station and interior station and a detail station and I think allotted like 45 minutes per station if I remember correctly. I think it went well but Dylan could probably chime in what he thought and maybe Eric as well. I did like what you did with the drawing the only thing i would do with that is maybe do it where people can see the drawing so they know it wasnt helped along if you know what i mean. just my thoughts.

Well Ray again thanks for hosting this event it was great time as usual and I can't wait for next year. Some suggestions i have though would be to set up more then one station and let people go from station to station. Eric Thompson had it set up that way last year at the clinic near Harrisburg and I think it worked really well. They had three stations a wash station and interior station and a detail station and I think allotted like 45 minutes per station if I remember correctly. I think it went well but Dylan could probably chime in what he thought and maybe Eric as well. I did like what you did with the drawing the only thing i would do with that is maybe do it where people can see the drawing so they know it wasnt helped along if you know what i mean. just my thoughts.

Don't give away all my good ideas Dan!

Breaking up into groups and splitting the clinic into stations really helps. Breaks also help too. One thing to consider is the ave. human's attention span. It's a lot less than you think!

I learned my lesson when Junkman was at our place and a pic wound up on the internet of someone sleeping! Had to be some comfortable sweatpants!

Guest Sarah@Adams

Thank you, we always welcome feedback! For these clinics we tend to have a mixed group skill levels so we will always need to start with a quick overall basics class. If we started with stations those who need to learn it all may miss out on important information.

After that I agree if staff is available stations would be great. Adam's staff was stretched pretty thin between Spring Carlisle, the National Corvette Museum Bash and Grabiak Clinic so it was just Aj and I.

I learned my lesson when Junkman was at our place and a pic wound up on the internet of someone sleeping! Had to be some comfortable sweatpants!

Oh no you did not just go there young man that will cost you a 6 pack for that comment lol :cheers:

Dan,

Thanks for the input, it is funny you mention that, Adam and I discussed this a few years ago at our initial Clinic, and we didn't do it because we have such a big crowd. It may be a challenge to have everyone be able to see and then to move in unison. Great idea though, if we can do that, we will. The prizes will have a few minor changes, someone here mentioned similar input as yours.

Keep in touch.

Ray :thumbsup:

If the staffing won't allow the station idea, I would suggest the taping of the hood and then the three methods done completely before you let everyone out of their seats to come up and feel it. Once everyone seems to leave their seats it gets chaotic and people leave. One selected person to come up and show the baggie test seems to work fine. Passing the brushes and towels around while the demo is going on is a great thing to let everyone "feel" the difference.

Thanks to Lynn for the forum section this year.

As always the dinner is fantastic and a great time to laugh and talk over many topics.

Ray you have a class place and put on a class show.

Thanks again for year 4 look forward to year 5.

Adam thanks for making the special trip to join us for dinner.

AJ it is always a pleasure to see you and be entertained.

Now all we have to do is get our shirts. LOL

Guest Sarah@Adams

In reply to taping off the hood, that was our intention. Someone had gone to get me tape and didn't made it back before the class started. I agree, taping off is very helpful!

Sorry, I will bring my own next time...

Guest Sarah@Adams
Hey Lynn, no worries, I will have enough tape for you to do a couple of vehicles,lol. I use it here all of the time. Ray

Thanks Ray!

Archived