Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dad's 1980 corvette

johns85mcss

1st nice day out in the north east today. Pulled my dads vette out for a good go over for start of the car show year.

Got to try out the new flexs. :pc:

wash & dry

rims green wheel

polished wheels with metal 2

3 passes with the flexs. green orange and white pads and polishes to go with pads.

washed again

Machine Super Sealant

Then topped off with some Americana

vht on the tires.

DSC_0991.jpg

DSC_0992.jpg

DSC_0994.jpg

DSC_0996.jpg

DSC_0999.jpg

DSC_1000.jpg

DSC_1001.jpg

DSC_1003.jpg

DSC_1004.jpg

DSC_1006.jpg

DSC_1007.jpg

DSC_1009.jpg

DSC_1011.jpg

DSC_1012.jpg

DSC_1014.jpg

DSC_1015.jpg

DSC_1016.jpg

DSC_1017.jpg

DSC_1018.jpg

DSC_1022.jpg

DSC_1024.jpg

VERY nice work. Amazing how popular those "stinger" hoods are becoming on other generations. I've seen a few on C5's as well.

One question...did you immediately top the MSS with Americana? You might be ok, but it is recommended to wait 12-24 hours before topping MSS with anything.

VERY nice work. Amazing how popular those "stinger" hoods are becoming on other generations. I've seen a few on C5's as well.

One question...did you immediately top the MSS with Americana? You might be ok, but it is recommended to wait 12-24 hours before topping MSS with anything.

no i didnt top coat it yet. i will be doing that tomorrow after work i forgot to put that in the post.:cheers:

I was looking at the "before" photos thinking they were the "finished" pics. I was like, uh, the MP2 didn't do too much on the wheels and the tires look dull... :lolsmack:

Looks good man. Never seen IROC wheels on a vette before. Usually you see Camaros putting Vette wheels on, not Vettes putting Camaro wheels on.

a wipe down with some DS to get the excess polish off before MSS

I'd use Waterless Wash (or an IPA wipedown) as you don't want the glossing agents in DS on the paint before you apply MSS. I haven't tested it out, but I would assume laying down MSS on a freshly Detail Sprayed car would decrease the longevity of the sealant.

I must add, you didn't need to wash it after the SSR, SHR and FMP. All you needed was a wipe down with some DS to get the excess polish off before MSS

I dont always wash it down but i Had used my pad on the glass on the shower and forgot to wash the pad after. So when i started to use the flex it dusted like crazy.:o So I thought it will be faster to wash it down and get all the dust out of all the joints etc.

Looks great! Surprised you needed to use SSR by looking at the paint, it looked like SHR would have more than worked.

i tryed just the shr 1st and it need a lil more cut power....

thanks guy:cheers:

Archived