Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help! It's detail day

deltakilo

Question

Hey guys I'm currently using SHR for my first time and getting a lot of orange dust... dried Polish I guess all over. The paint looks great but now its dusted with this!!!! Thanks in advance

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

10 answers to this question

That makes sense. I do see some buildup in the center of the pad. Now for FMP... but it looks so good now! Can I just use sealant now? :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I assume from the smiley that you aren't being serious, but just in case... definitely don't skip the FMP step as it cleans up the microscratching from the SHR.

Swirl and haze, fine machine, wipe off polish, then sealent. For an even deeper shine and more protection apply Brilliant Glaze over the sealent, then Americana or Buttery wax over the BG. You will love the results.

Thanks for the help guys, it looks fantastic! minus the dusting, I guess i've just never seen a video on how much product to use on a new panel, but now I can just use common sense, if its dusting, use less dummy!

Snapped only one shot before finishing

img201203081.jpg

Was hoping i could use the full moon for some excellent shots but its overcast:mad:

:pc:

If you are getting dusting, hold off on the product, just give the pad one spray with DS and just polish a 2x2' pass with that. When you give the pad a squirt of DS, it 'wakes up' some of the polish in the pad. I alternate when polishing - 1pass@3 quarter inch drops on the pad, one pass with DS, etc. etc. You don't want too little polish, nor too much polish. The pad does part of the work, so if it clogs up with polish, it actually slows down the correction. Too much polish is a common mistake- I did that my first polishing session. :D

And, if you think it looks good after the SHR, wait until you see the results of FMP. The more I use FMP, the more impressed I am with it. After you wipe off the FMP, the finish is just stunning.

Archived