Customer Service 866.965.0400

canopy sizes/brands for Mobile detailing

RAW Details

Question

18 answers to this question

I used the water filled buckets one time and only one time..... I get chlorine buckets that have plastic handle and I tied off to the handle. One gust of wind and the handle was shot. So that is how I came up with a screw type anchor into concrete. I use ratchet straps to go from the EZ-up to the Pail

I have seen some that just buy buckets and fill then with water for those that are mobile. Water weighs around 8 lb/gallon so you can get 30 to 40 lbs in a typical bucket.

Excellent. I like that. With the weight bags we have, they are good at keep the tent in place in low winds, but if things get crazy, its game over. I hesitates making the buckets filled with concrete, because thats one more thing to haul around that I simply do not have room for. 6 buckets at 40lbs should be a better solution.

Easy solution to secure it to the ground. Grab some 5 gal buckets from home depot and a few bags of redi mix concrete. Mix up the concrete and set the ground stake in it. Now you can secure the tent on black top without driving a stake in to the pavement

Cool idea! And the buckets would also serve as a great hose mgmt system to keep the hose from pulling the canopy legs or getting caught on the car tires. :banana:

Easy solution to secure it to the ground. Grab some 5 gal buckets from home depot and a few bags of redi mix concrete. Mix up the concrete and set the ground stake in it. Now you can secure the tent on black top without driving a stake in to the pavement

I've had 4 so far. The one I have now I got at Wal Mart for about $100. It's an EZ Up. Not terribly heavy, fits in the trunk of the Vette, and I can put it up myself if it's NOT windy. I can tell you, they're sturdy and hold up to strong winds, but you HAVE TO STAKE THEM INTO THE GROUND SOMEHOW. I've had them take off on me...........once to the tune of $600 damage to another Vette. They aren't indestructable enough to leave up permanently though. Check Dick's Sporting Goods or Dunham's Sporting Goods if you have those stores in your area or Wal Mart. They all sell them.

Here is one that I purchased on Amazon, its a 10x20, weighs in at about 70lbs, made of honeycomb aluminum.....and I can personally set this up myself.

DSC_0044.jpg

That thing is sweet! What is it called? Do you have a link?

a 10x20 may not be an "easy up" option...ours is a 2 man job and it is somewhat heavy...i've seen 10x10's that can go up wit one person.

Just make sure that you weigh it down...a simple gust can push it into the car you are working on and do some nasty damage.

Archived